Body Bugg

Options
I really really want one. I can use my tax refund to buy it. The problem is that I have to use their website to find out how many calories I'm burning. I'm not sure its going to be worth $250 plus 100 a year after that.

since I track my cals on here I'm paying $100 a year to findout how many cals a day I burn. I really need to know because I'm at a standstill with my weightloss.

Anyone have one? All the reviews I've found swear by them.

Replies

• stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I really really want one. I can use my tax refund to buy it. The problem is that I have to use their website to find out how many calories I'm burning. I'm not sure its going to be worth $250 plus 100 a year after that.

since I track my cals on here I'm paying $100 a year to findout how many cals a day I burn. I really need to know because I'm at a standstill with my weightloss.

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

gimmick

get a schwinn exercise bike
    or walk walk walk
    save your money

cute names on machines are not for cute girls like you
    save your money
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    YOu can get the same thing from a HRM... Polar F4, F6 and others.... $80 - $130

I have an F4 and I love knowing how many calories I burn immediately, not waiting till I get home. Also, you can see if you are in the Heart rate zone best for fatburning. HTH
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree with Spicy. I have the POLAR F6 and LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :heart: My trainer at the gym keeps wanting me to get one, but I like looking down and seeing things NOW not waiting to go home, sync to a computer log a bunch of crap then see...plus, I don't want the bulk on my arm 24/7....Plus like you say, we already log everything here, why pay a lot of money to go somewhere else and purchase something that will sit in the closet or on the dresser in a few months because we get tired of it....ok, I am done with my little spew...sorry. I do recomment the Polar HRM tho..THEY'RE AWESOME and colorful :blushing:
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    been there, done that (the body bugg) and yet here i am!!!! i have the bugg, the watch, and had the subscription but it was an annoying thing to wear and the website is not nearly as useful as this one is...save your money - i can tell you from personal experience to use your money in a different way (i love my F6 so that's what i'd buy if i were you) or - since you seem to be at a stand still, find someone who can test your RMR and find out EXACTLY what your body requires from calories! :flowerforyou:
  • stef_e_b
    Options
    you've convinced me. I'll get and HRM but can you wear it all day and find out how many calories I burn by living?
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can wear it all day.

Some people wear it all day on a "rest" day to get a baseline of how many calories you burn just being alive, then you know how to factor exercise calories vs. baseline calories burned.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    you've convinced me. I'll get and HRM but can you wear it all day and find out how many calories I burn by living?

You can but try to not do it too much .. it will eat up a lot of the battery life.
  • stef_e_b
    Options
    Awesome, Yay, you guys saved me like $200
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    silly question - are the batteries rechargable, replaceable?
  • stef_e_b
    Options
    ooh good question!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have one, and I do love it! Body media makes all the body bugg products...don't buy the actual body bugg, it is more expensive than the bodymedia.com one. Yet, they are identical because like I said body media makes all of them,

Got mine with the watch for $234 (included tax and first month free for teh web site)

I put it off for a long time because I wasn't sure if it would be a waste of money. Did a lot of review hunting on it and decided I was just going to do it.

Yes, the battery is rechargeable, similar to an ipod. Hook it up via usb and you are on your way. If anything it is the little push I need on days I am not feeling so motivated because all of the info is right there on the watch face.

I find it really motivating and now I like to see how soon I can hit all my goals for the day. They have also changed the site to allow daily food logging, which eliminates the need for MFP, but no community to chat with there. YOu can daily log or do nutrition assesments for 3 days and it will give you an average amount of calories you consume and goals you should reach.

Less than a personal trainer and since I put it on I HAVE consistently lost my 2lbs per week, yes I could have probably done it on my own but I found that I wasn't burning as many calories for my exercise as this site or others were saying and that I burned more calories that I thought for other things etc.

Overall, it comes out to $25 bucks per month if you only used it for a year and I felt like the nike+ got me started and this little gadget has really opened my eyes to what I am actually in need of doing so I can finally lose this weight.

Ok, I am done....good luck with your choice, like I said, go to bodymedia.com, they will have a better price.
  • Tamrahan
    Tamrahan Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm eyeing these too after reading some members of the Cathe boards talking about it here:
    http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261313

http://www.gowearfit.com

I'm going to wait and do some more research maybe I'll get one later this fall.
    I think body bugg and go wear fit are all one and the same btw.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I'm eyeing these too after reading some members of the Cathe boards talking about it here:
    http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261313

http://www.gowearfit.com

I'm going to wait and do some more research maybe I'll get one later this fall.
    I think body bugg and go wear fit are all one and the same btw.

They are the same only one costs more and they are ALL made by body media. You can buy the gofitwear one at ****'s sporting goods too, only website is less expensive.

I just finally gave in and got it, figured it couldn't hurt and wearing it all day is not an issue, I forget it is there until it beeps at me sometimes