What to drink other than water

Options

Replies

• MikaRochelle
    Options
    I just tried the Pacific Coconut Sobe lifewater and it was pretty good. I'm definitely adding it to my grocery list
  • alabamaangyl
    Options
    I use Mio too! The great thing about it is that Walmart now carries a generic brand Mio. It's a bit sweeter tasting than Mio for my taste, but I just use less of it.
  • emmalecras
    emmalecras Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How to Make Sassy Water

If you are bored with drinking plain water, or don't like the taste, try this belly-flattening recipe for sassy water that not only tastes good, but has ingredients that will help you de-bloat. Mix together 2 liters (about 8 1/2 cups) of water with 1 thinly sliced peeled cucumber, 1 thinly sliced lemon, and 12 fresh spearmint leaves (or 1 tsp dried mint), and 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root. Stir them all together and leave the pitcher in the fridge overnight. The next morning strain the water into a different pitcher to enjoy. For maximum de-bloating benefits, drink the entire pitcher by the end of the day.

Sounds interesting
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Green tea with lemon. It's healthy for you too!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Bumping this because I'm liking the ideas!

I also use crystal light, but I try not to have too much of it because I feel a bit guilty using artificial sweeteners.
    Sometimes I drink caffeine-free tea before bed, lately I like peppermint
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda a lot (yeah i know its bad, I don't have to hear it yet again, I love it) and I'm trying to drink more water...I bought flavor packs that you can put into your water bottle and shake up. I know for sure there's target and walmart brands that are calorie free. Also I drink a ton of black coffee with sweetener.
  • frankovm
    Options
    Nothing beats plain water.

If you want to add some flavor squeeze lime or lemon juice, it will add important nutrients with very low calorie impact.

If you miss the fruit flavor, why not eat the natural fruit? It will be more filling than the juice and make it easier to control the calories.

My technique is to entice the thirst with a trail mix (I make my own high protein mix with roasted soy beans, almonds, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and raisins. One cup a day keeps hunger at bay), just a handful will make me enjoy drinking 2-3 glasses of plain water...
  • PepperRocks
    Options
    I take 200 gms of beaten yoghurt and add to a litre of water. I add roasted and pressed cummin seeds + pinch of rock salt to it. Love this :-*
  • janjan369
    janjan369 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have a water carbonator (Sodastream), so I can get the bubbles of soda but with zero calories. Sometimes I'll add a squeeze of lemon or lime.
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Coffee (low on sugar and cream), tea, milk, and MAYBE Tropicana orange juice. Everything else--juice, diet soda, soda!, Gatorade, etc....don't even go there! :drinker:
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Any and every kind of tea: Black, green, oolong, white, rooibos, fruit and herbal. They all offer fantastic health benefits, and there are so many flavors available that you'll never get bored! Also nice iced. Opt for loose leaf when you can :)

Also, since you noted missing juice/sugary drinks; what I do because I'm a former juice junkie is cold steep loose leaf fruit tea overnight in the fridge so that it gets nice and concentrated. Add some stevia in the morning, you have ZERO cal, naturally sweetened and loaded with health benefits "juice"!!
  • yag1630
    Options
    :happy:
    I drink plenty of water ; warm, with ice
    Green tea
    Coke light, zero; Pepsi Diet (zero calories)
    vitwater
  • witchywillow
    witchywillow Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i buy robinsons no added sugar apple and blackcurrant juice, i put tiny amount in bottom of glass, the rest filled up with water, just need that little taste

Robinsons - No Added Sugar Apple and Blackcurrant, 1 ml concentrate, 0 cals, 0 protein, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 1 sodium
  • gc1ceo
    gc1ceo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have recently fallen in love with Mio and Walmart's generic brand of it.
  • ogypsy0soulo
    ogypsy0soulo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Green tea! So many amazing healthful aspects added simply by drinking it. The best part, you really can flavor it as you wish. Which is a good thing if you get bored easily.
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    What is MIO?
  • trinasingleton
    Options
    HAVE YOU TRIED TRUE LIME. TRUE GREEN, TRUE ORANGE....VERY GOOD
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I drink Beer, Vodka, Tequila, Captain Morgan, and the occasional Wine. Soooo much better than water.:drinker:
  • LilBailey
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I googled Mio and got a GPS. LOL so I tried again but it seems to have way to much artificial stuff in it for me.

I think I will try the sassy water, sounds nice and I remembered the water that they have at my fav cafe has ice, orange, lemon, lime and strawberries in it. Yummy.
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I googled Mio and got a GPS. LOL so I tried again but it seems to have way to much artificial stuff in it for me.

I think I will try the sassy water, sounds nice and I remembered the water that they have at my fav cafe has ice, orange, lemon, lime and strawberries in it. Yummy.

I'm glad you like the idea of the sassy water! Let us know what you think!