Question about dinner

Options
Ok so I only have 553 calories left today, (given I will work out for about 30-35 min after work) and I was just wondering if anyone had any quick ideas for dinner. Even if it is fast food, (subway, ect) I already had a lean cuisine, cheese stick, grapes and water for lunch. So I would like to incorporate veggies for dinner. I can make something quick, or pick something up. Let me know, thanks so much!

-Danielle:happy:

Replies

• healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Options
    Ok so I only have 553 calories left today, (given I will work out for about 30-35 min after work) and I was just wondering if anyone had any quick ideas for dinner. Even if it is fast food, (subway, ect) I already had a lean cuisine, cheese stick, grapes and water for lunch. So I would like to incorporate veggies for dinner. I can make something quick, or pick something up. Let me know, thanks so much!

-Danielle:happy:
  • grasam7
    grasam7 Posts: 12
    Options
    Usually pasta is only 300 calories per serving and then stir fried or tossed with some veggies---i.e. broccoli, red peppers, summer squash zucchini and lightly seasoned would even leave you some calories for some fruit for dessert...just a suggestion!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you could just do something simple like a leafy salad and a sandwich or bagel for dinner. Then you'd have a few cals left over for an evening snack. I can never end my day with an evening snack :laugh:
  • healthychic
    Options
    ooh that sounds good.. i think i will do a leafy salad and a bagel. I have these mini strawberry bagels that taste so good with a little tiny bit of cream cheese on it. And I think I have salad too! Thanks so much for your suggestions :happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    That really depends on the # of grams of CFP you have left. Oatmeal with PB is a really quick and filling meal, but not especially high in protein. I like making tuna salad with light mayo and 1/2 cup of mixed peas and carrots. And lettuce goes with pretty much everything. I like salad with fruit, nuts, and meat.
  • healthychic
    Options
    That is a good idea, I can never think of good ideas for dinner. I will have to make that