Need some motovation or kind words.

Options
Man! OK I've been doing this for a week now. My weight has been steady. I got on the scale this morning and then this afternoon, just to see. I don't do this that often (get on the scale) AND since this morning I've put on 4lbs?!?! :mad: I feel tired and craving sugar big time! So I had 100 calorie pudding yum yum that made my sugar wants go away. I feel alittle bloated... blah Maybe it's just one of those days. I love my weight in the morning :grumble:

Replies

• Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Man! OK I've been doing this for a week now. My weight has been steady. I got on the scale this morning and then this afternoon, just to see. I don't do this that often (get on the scale) AND since this morning I've put on 4lbs?!?! :mad: I feel tired and craving sugar big time! So I had 100 calorie pudding yum yum that made my sugar wants go away. I feel alittle bloated... blah Maybe it's just one of those days. I love my weight in the morning :grumble:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Don't get on the scale so often. I know its hard, I give into this temptation too, but your weight is going to fluctuate throughout the day, and even from day to day. Just trust that a consistent plan of healthy eating and exercise will take you in the right direction. Put your scale in a closet and only get it out once a week.
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You're always going to weigh more during the day because you have clothing on, you have food and water in your system, etc. I try to weigh first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom with no clothes. Then I leave it alone! Also, from the looks of your picture, you are pretty slim already, so those last 10 pounds are going to come off slowly. Make sure you are eating enough or you may sabatoge (sp?) yourself
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    The scale is evil. I got on it one morning and it said I was 15 pounds lighter. Then it laughed. The next morning it told me I was 16 pounds heavier and laughed. I only weigh once a month now!:laugh:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I love these tickers also. Get yourself one. I have only lost 7.5 pounds but my ticker says 8 and I love that and make sure that I do lose 8. I have almost been here a month and the weight loss is phenomenal and I don't feel like I am deprived. I just still use my tablespoon and my measuring cup and just log my food before I eat it to avoid overdoing things. Good luck.
    Yah you have to weigh in the morning, I know you know that. Not during the day.
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    Goodmorning,
    I have been struggling with my weight since I had my twins girls 4 years ago. Since joining MFP and a circuit workout group at work I have controlled my eating and started exercising. I weigh myself once a week in the morning just to keep on track and I chose Wednesdays because weekends are always tough and can be discouraging. I weigh and measure my food and I try everyday. Everyday is a challenge but once you start seeing the results..believe me...it will motivate you. Don't give up!!!! You can do this.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,918 Member
    Options
    I have to look at this as a journey and focus on improving the behaviors that got me here in the first place. every day I make better choices about what I eat.

focus on improving your eating and exercise and stay off the scale except for once a week in the morning in your birthday suit.

with 10 pounds to lose it will go slowly but one pound at a time, the miracle will happen and you'll have the better behaviors to keep it that way

don't give up, you can do it:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: