Sodium... somewhat stupid question

Options
sonjavon
sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
How much is the right amount? How much is too much?

I've been watching calories, watching carbs and keeping a careful eye on fats. I've been exercising faithfully and drinking a ton of water... but I haven't really been watching my sodium intake. AND - I'm not sure what I should be looking for...

I'm fairly sure that I'm retaining water right now - so I'm trying to reexamine my menu and see what kinds of things are "High" - and of course, what exactly "high" or "low" is.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Replies

• sonjavon
    Options
    How much is the right amount? How much is too much?

I've been watching calories, watching carbs and keeping a careful eye on fats. I've been exercising faithfully and drinking a ton of water... but I haven't really been watching my sodium intake. AND - I'm not sure what I should be looking for...

I'm fairly sure that I'm retaining water right now - so I'm trying to reexamine my menu and see what kinds of things are "High" - and of course, what exactly "high" or "low" is.

Thanks in advance for any advice
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    2500 is normal
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    you can add sodium next to carbs/fat/protein in the daily breakdown if you are worried about your intake, the settings are made from here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/settings
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Hi babe, :flowerforyou:

Just wanted to let you know that you can add sodium to your food journal.... That way it will automatically calculate it for you.... I'm at 2500, seems to be working good for me! Feet/Leg swelling have gone down since I started staying under! Yay!

:) CM
  • pipinana
    Options
    you can add sodium next to carbs/fat/protein in the daily breakdown if you are worried about your intake, the settings are made from here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/settings

hahahha purrrrrrrr - we are SO in sync! :laugh:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options

bite the sodium, girl, i was 2 milliseconds faster :laugh:
  • pipinana
    Options

bite the sodium, girl, i was 2 milliseconds faster :laugh:

LOL :tongue:
  • sonjavon
    Options
    Wow! Thanks guys! That makes things a lot easier!!!