Dr. Oz show

Options
Does anyone watch Dr. Oz? Today's show was really informative. I'm going to try the raspberry ketones, and maybe the white kidney bean extract for my thunder thighs......

Replies

• RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Does anyone watch Dr. Oz? Today's show was really informative.

That would be a first.

I'm going to try the raspberry ketones, and maybe the white kidney bean extract for my thunder thighs......

Want to buy a bridge? I've got a great one for sale.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What does this nonsense have to do with fitness or nutrition?
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Sorry, not a fan
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You won't find much respect for Dr Oz around here. I don't watch the show but it sounds like he's implying some kind of spot reduction by extract-- spot reduction doesn't exist (although we all wish it did!). The best thing you can do for your thighs is exercise and reduce body fat overall.
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Dr Oz has his motives...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    He is kind of full of ****. I don't watch him for that reason.
  • marywilsoncline
    marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like Dr. Oz. He makes sense on some things.:happy:
  • snakegoddess_3
    Options
    I like Dr. Oz but most people on this forum don't. Here's what I will say about him, he has some awsome recipes and awsome info on some things but be realistic. Sorry to break it to you but the only way to get rid of thunder thighs is the work. There is no miricle pill and no ointment or whatever. Remember this Successful people are only successful because they did the work to get there.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I don't take the supplements..I like to eat the actual food, like raspberries and cannellini beans (not together!)

I actually like Dr. Oz, but he recommends SO many supplements, you would have to spend a lot of money and time buying and organizing and taking them.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    35l8qj.jpg
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Reasons for Dr Oz being on television:

1. To make money
    2. To make money for Oprah
    3. To make money to the giant swimming pool Dr Oz and Oprah share that is filled with $100 bills
    4. To educate the audience

That is why some of the basic ideas and recipes are good, but most of the time is spent flogging products and diet plans to line their own pockets. Not that I blame them or am going to label them as capitalist scum or anything :tongue: , you just need to see it for what it is.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Does anyone watch Dr. Oz? Today's show was really informative. I'm going to try the raspberry ketones, and maybe the white kidney bean extract for my thunder thighs......

Can you tell if this is an accurate recap of his show?

http://www.current-movie-reviews.com/39388/tv/tv-recaps/2012/02/06/dr-oz-today-262012-5-fat-busters-for-5-different-body-types/

". The show opens with Oz saying that everyone can change their body shape in 5 days. He says that science has proven that fat can be targeted by replacing one meal a day and tell the body to melt away the pounds."
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    He is kind of full of ****. I don't watch him for that reason.

Fiber would help him with that.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    "For a big belly, Oz says by trimming 2 inches from your waste, you will decrease your chance of disease by 50%"

Trimming your waste? Does this mean we have to chop our poos up?
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Is this real life? Tell me please... this isn't real life.
  • EbbySoo
    EbbySoo Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    "For a big belly, Oz says by trimming 2 inches from your waste, you will decrease your chance of disease by 50%"

Trimming your waste? Does this mean we have to chop our poos up?

Shhh your giving away the really good secrets...
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Wow, I had no idea there were so many on MFP that dislike Dr. Oz. I've always kind of liked his show - I only catch it on occassion, but it always draws my interest. I will watch it next time with one eye open, one eye shut.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Ratings. Money.

How do you get that? Marketing.

How do you market to operas audience? Tell them exactly what they want to hear. Truth or lies it doesn't matter.
  • ashley67203
    Options
    I like it when he puts on the gloves and plays with the internal organs. Makes my hunger pangs go away fast.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    honestly i saw it for the first time today, and i thought it was rather neat. Then i looked into the raspberry ketones, and you actually have to substitute 20% of your diet with them to make something happen. They have only had 'successful' tests done on mice, but they literally were given so much it wasnt worth the risks in the long run... i was disappointed because they made it sound like such a good thing, but i like his little 'shopping lists' on his website and what not, but i will have to view a few more episodes before i can give a YAY or NAY