40lbs down so far! *pics*

Options
niciivey
niciivey Posts: 40 Member
425012_10150524439367555_631447554_8886961_1073723710_n-1.jpg

425012_10150524439367555_631447554_8886961_1073723710_n-2.jpg

I started in May trying to lose weight. Been a little slow going so far, but I am not complaining! 40lbs is 40lbs!!

I started wearing a size 26 pants, which were getting tight, and size 3X shirts. Today I am in a size 18, which are a little snug around the waist but baggy on the butt and legs, and a size XL shirt.

I get so much motivation from people on here and I am hoping that my post helps motivate a few people and also gives me a little motivation boost as well.

Replies

• melbaby925
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great - and it doesn't matter how fast we do it, just that we do it. You look so much happier in your 2nd picture!

>>Edited: I tried to quote the picture to make it smaller, sometimes that helps, but it didn't work.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    I can't see the second picture, it is cut off. Do you know why that is?
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    awesome jeep up the good work
  • niciivey
    Options
    I can't see the second picture, it is cut off. Do you know why that is?

I am trying to fix it, but not really sure if I am doing it right.

Anyone have any tips??
  • Silverstar46
    Silverstar46 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    you can right click it and "copy the image url" then past it in the browser address. you look great!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    I had to go get the link, but I finally got to see it. That is great! It gives me hope and gives me an idea on when I will get into the teens. I have not had a 1 in the front of my size since I was in high school, where I wore an 18 my senior year. I started about the same weight as you, and I am really looking forward to losing more. I didn't record weight on here until I had already lost a couple pounds. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to be out of the 300s! I have been here since I had my son in 2004.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options
    When I say "here", I meant in the 300s.:laugh:
  • niciivey
    Options
    I had to go get the link, but I finally got to see it. That is great! It gives me hope and gives me an idea on when I will get into the teens. I have not had a 1 in the front of my size since I was in high school, where I wore an 18 my senior year. I started about the same weight as you, and I am really looking forward to losing more. I didn't record weight on here until I had already lost a couple pounds. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to be out of the 300s! I have been here since I had my son in 2004.

I had lost a few lbs before I started on mfp which explains the discrepancy in my ticker. lol

I also havent been in a size starting with a 1 since high school. You will get there before you know it!

It does feel sooo great to get out of the 300's. When you get there you should post about it and we will have a mfp forum party! lol

Keep up the great work!
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Options

I had lost a few lbs before I started on mfp which explains the discrepancy in my ticker. lol

I also havent been in a size starting with a 1 since high school. You will get there before you know it!

It does feel sooo great to get out of the 300's. When you get there you should post about it and we will have a mfp forum party! lol

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I have actually lost 10 lbs since I was at the doctor on 1/16, although I didn't start working on it until a few days ago. I will definitely post when I get there, because it will be a big deal for me. I could NEVER post something like that on Facebook, but I feel very comfortable doing so on here. I have seen so many awesome success stories, and it gives me hope that I can do this, too! Keep being an inspiration! You rock!

16334910.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic, I have only lost like 10 pounds in 8 months -- but it is 10 pounds gone forever. Don't worry about how long it takes. This is a journey, not a race. And I am committed to the journey! You look great!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • Squatmama
    Squatmama Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You can really see a difference!
  • stitchinggirl
    Options
    You are off to a great start. Slow is the way to go and 40lbs is 40lbs, as you say!

Looking forward to further progress reports! Congratulations to you!
  • Buckley10
    Options
    Great job!
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! You should be very proud of yourself. Slow losing is good because it will stay off. Keep up the wonderful work!
  • niciivey
    Options

Keep up the great work!

Thanks! I have actually lost 10 lbs since I was at the doctor on 1/16, although I didn't start working on it until a few days ago. I will definitely post when I get there, because it will be a big deal for me. I could NEVER post something like that on Facebook, but I feel very comfortable doing so on here. I have seen so many awesome success stories, and it gives me hope that I can do this, too! Keep being an inspiration! You rock!

16334910.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I can't post stuff like that on facebook either. I think it is easier on mfp because we are all going through the same thing and have the same goals.
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Keep up the good work! \o/
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well done you look great.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous and wow -- 40 pounds!! You can really see the difference in your pics! Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!