Cell Phone International Plans

Options
sharleengc
sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
My husband just got a new job where he has to travel back and forth to Canada pretty much every few days. Sometimes he'll only be there a few hours, sometimes overnight, and possibly sometimes for a day or so...

I have spent a ton of time today researching cell phone plans. I live in MT so I only have 2 choices(Verizon, which I have and ATT) as far as companies go and I even called Straight Talk (from walmart) but their phones don't even get service in Canada...So I'm pretty much stuck with a company and not a track phone...

So my questions is: Does anyone else travel frequently? If so, how do you handle your cell phone plan? Do you pay the roaming charges? Did you change your plan to an international plan?

I've looked at this pretty much every way possible. Right now, our txts are still covered under our plan even when he's in Canada and I added global data to his plan just for now until I can figure it out.

If I change to an international plan I lose a lot of my features that I like now...for example, international plans don't have any unlimited txt plans so the most i can have is 1000/phone...that may seem like a lot but I live in an area with almost no reception so unless its one of the few people who know my home#, I'm txting..

Any input or ways you have manipulated the system would be great...