Hey There!

Options
:smile: Hey everyone. I just joined today and am kind of new to this sort of thing. Any general tips or advice would be much appreciated. Personally for me it's not so much about losing the weight, I'm just sick of being so lazy and tired all the time. I also have a horrible diet and eat a lot of junk food. Overall I just want to make a few friends so I do have support because I have tried to get healthy before and always get discouraged and have bad self esteem.

Replies

• Megan2287
    Megan2287 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hey everyone. I just joined today and am kind of new to this sort of thing. Any general tips or advice would be much appreciated. Personally for me it's not so much about losing the weight, I'm just sick of being so lazy and tired all the time. I also have a horrible diet and eat a lot of junk food. Overall I just want to make a few friends so I do have support because I have tried to get healthy before and always get discouraged and have bad self esteem.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    hi! i just joined yesterday, but i already love it! everyone here is so supportive and so nice. you can pretty much talk to anyone! good luck getting healthy, i'm also on that route. i need the energy to keep up with my 7 month old, i can't even imagine how hard it will be once he starts walking! .. i've lost 20 lbs. since i had him, and 2 lbs. this week. the best advice i can give you is to just stay as active as possible, park a little further at the store, walk anywhere as much as possible, if you're just sitting on the couch get up and do a couple crunches or push-ups, or some jumping jacks. that's what i do so that i'm not just sitting around all day considering i am a stay at home mom. then when my fiance gets home i actually go to the gym! if you ever need any support you can talk to me anyime!:wink:

182811.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary