How do you get on track and make a committment!?

Options
Okay. So I really need your help guys! I've done some reflection on the months since I've gotten to college. I keep losing and gaining the same 10 lbs. I realize I haven't been making an effort to actually lose. but that needs to change. what gets you remotivated and inspired to keep at it long term?

Replies

• macx2mommy
    macx2mommy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Most important thing for me in terms of the committement is making sure I track on here my food. Even when I waiver, I force myself to do it. I have learned for me personally, when I start to skip a meal in logging, then it becomes a day, then a few days, then I' have really gotten off track because I am not longer accountable. I don't beat myself up for making less than healthy choices, as long as I log it.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'd agree - logging my food (healthy or not) really helps me stay on track and makes me more concious of what I'm eating.
    Having a goal for my exercise helps too - I've just run one race and I've signed up for another one, so I know I"ll have to train to be able to do the distance.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    thinking about long term problems like diabetes,bad knees ect
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Set goals. Small short term goals and long term goals. It has really helped me to give me goal posts. And I don't suggest making any of the short term goals pounds. For me short term goals was at first, just to stay under calories. Then I added that I should eat one veggie for each meal. Long term goals was weight loss per month, which for me is around six pounds (aim low). It seemed to work very well for me. But I think the important thing is to keep looking for your inspiration and motivation. If there are tips that don't work, don't blame yourself. Shrug it off and try something else. That has been the hardest lesson for me. That a failure with a tip or advice doesn't mean I've failed, means the advice failed. Best of luck!
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Setting goals, not letting myself make excuses not to follow my workout schedule, logging everything I eat so I cannot cheat...But what helps me the most is helping motivate others to reach their fitness goals.
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Options
    Lots of great advice here!! Setting short term goals, looking ahead for issues of being unhealthy and exercise as a goal very well stated. I would also look at what is making you get back to an unhealthy lifestyle once you have reached your goal which is a common issue. Is it stress, finals, or whatever is causing you to stop use that as motivation to get past it the next time your knocking at the door to reaching your goals. Plan, Execute, Conquer!!! This Time You Got This!!