I have no energy!

Options
ocean26
ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
So i come home and want to exercise but literally can't because i have no energy left! All i had was a quick softball practice after a day of sitting at school for 6 hours. I have special k cereal for breakfast, a turkey and lettuce wrap for lunch, and and apple banana granola bar and 8 baby carrots for snacks. Whats the deal??

Replies

• ocean26
    ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    So i come home and want to exercise but literally can't because i have no energy left! All i had was a quick softball practice after a day of sitting at school for 6 hours. I have special k cereal for breakfast, a turkey and lettuce wrap for lunch, and and apple banana granola bar and 8 baby carrots for snacks. Whats the deal??
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    it doesn't sound like enough calories to me, but probably not enough carbs...eat some fresh fruit. I've found in the last few weeks that I get a nice pick me up from the sugar in the fruit, without a crash later.
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are not getting enough fat or protien in your diet and that will sap your energy. Without knowing your stats, I'd also guess that you might not be eating enough. I always hesitate to say that because I think people tend to throw the "eat more" advise around a little too freely, without understanding the underlying issues....but that sounds like very little food.
  • Summerrain
    Options
    you're probably either are bored (i would be after sitting for 6 hours), or you're not eatting enough. Speacial K may play off to be a good and healthy cereal but compared to general mills stuff like cheerios or kellogg stuff like rasin bran there really isn't a whole lot of nutritional value in it. Yeah, it gives you great results in losing weight but with out some good ole vitamins you're going to dragging your feet. I recommend increasing vitamin B12. You can find it in chicken and other foods that I can't think of at the top of my head or take a supplement. I'm not a doctor or anything... I just read a lot lol. So I hope this helps!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    how many quality hours of sleep do you get each night?
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I used to come home from work feeling like you do. I had to force myself to go to the gym. When I got home after working out I had soooo much energy. For me, it was just getting up and going.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I used to come home from work feeling like you do. I had to force myself to go to the gym. When I got home after working out I had soooo much energy. For me, it was just getting up and going.

I used to feel like that, too. Now when I work out (I prefer to do it after work), I feel relaxed, I sleep better than I have in forever, and I wake up 30-45 min before my alarm goes off in the morning refreshed. Just give it some time.

126046.png
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Is there any way that you can exercise in the morning? I find that if I get my exercise done in the morning I have more energy for everything else and I can focus better as well. I'm sure that there are other things that you should change - as far as diet goes... it doesn't sound like you're eating much to me, but I'm no expert.

Are you drinking all your water???