i've almost reached my goal...

Options
and now i need to start toning up. mainly the tummy area.
any tips on things to do to tone up the tummy area?

86322.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    and now i need to start toning up. mainly the tummy area.
    any tips on things to do to tone up the tummy area?

86322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Planks are great for toning your midsection. And of course crunches on a stability ball, bicycle crunches, etc. And holding your stomach in most of the time seriously works...try it. :flowerforyou:
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    Planks are great for toning your midsection.:

what are planks?
    :heart:

86322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I agree with the other person who replied.

sucking in your stomach, focusing on the muscles as you do so, in and out. probably equals crunches if you don't want to get on the floor.

maybe try searching "ab exercises" on youtube. there should be some on there. that way you can see what it's like before you do it.

I don't know... hope this helps :)
  • tracylynne29
    tracylynne29 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    gj
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Planks are great for toning your midsection.:

what are planks?
    :heart:

86322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Go here for a description. http://exercise.about.com/od/abs/ss/abexercises_10.htm :flowerforyou:
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    According to MSN health, the "Teaser" move in Pilates targets more abdominal muscles than any other ab exercise.
    The Teaser -- Lie flat on your back with your legs straight out and arms on the mat, stretched straight up over your head. Lift your legs up while raising both arms overhead until your fingers are pointing at your toes (see photo). Exhale and slowly roll back down, feeling each vertebra press into the mat, back to the starting position. Repeat three times. This is HARD at first.
    - http://www.yoga.com/ydc/enlighten/enlighten_document.asp?ID=254&section=7&cat=42

The Teaser can be difficult, but the website link also has a number of other pilates abs moves.

Congrats on getting so close to your goal and good luck on the rest! :flowerforyou: