all natural peanut butter??

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I will eat pretty much any kind of peanut butter, but I strongly prefer the natural stuff. It wasn't an acquired taste for me.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I started buying Smucker's when I saw it won a taste test in Shape one year. I noticed some of the other "natural" peanut butters had added sugars and other ingredients, and I couldn't figure out why they were calling it natural (I'm talking about brands like Jif and Skippy, not health food store brands).
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Smucker's All Natural Chunky and Laura Scudder's All Natural Chunky are my absolute favorites!
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just bought Jif all natural. I usually buy just regular Jif. The calories are the same but I thought it'd be nice to have the reduced sodium. I can tell a difference in the taste and slight difference in the texture, but I love it. Of course I just love peanut butter.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I eat all natural peanut butter. (Crazy Richards creamy) doesn't contain sodium. I even pour off the oil.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I like to get a spoonful of the Smuckers Natural PB and add a very tiny drop of honey. I like the grainy texture of it.
  • caitles14
    Options
    Smucker's Natural PB is the best! Once I bought a jar I never went back to the fake stuff! I think it was an acquired taste, at least for me, although it obviously didn't take me too long to adjust. It never tasted bad to me, just kind of bland, but now I love it :)
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I have brought it and enjoy it! Becareful of the natural peanut butter that say no stiring required, they is added stuff. I found the easest way to incorperater the oil back in, is to place it in a bowl and take my hand mixer to it then back in the jar and place upside down in the fridge. It is not as creamy as the reg. stuff but healthy. I do want to try making my own someday.
  • kellybug123
    Options
    I buy Peter Pan Peanut Butter 100% Natural. It's better than some of the others I have tried and it doesn't have a huge list of ingrediants, since it says it's 100% Natural. I don't have the jar in front of me, since I am at work, but I use it on celery, by itself on a spoon for a quick snack or in my smoothies. Every person is different in what they like. I didn't like the ones that I had to stir before I could eat them.....lol. Good Luck!
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Arrowhead Mills Organic Crunchy Valencia Peanut Butter. Ingredients: peanuts! I switched to it about 5 years ago and on the rare occasion I have other PB, (even PB & Co's Crunch Time), I can taste the sugar.
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    I have started adding it to my fat free greek yougurt!
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I also buy the fresh ground stuff at my supermarket. I buy the plain and the honey roasted though the honey roasted is by far my favorite. If I have the plain I usually use it with a drizzle of honey. I like sweet peanut butter.

I much prefer the fresh ground to the jarred stuff. It wasn't an acquired taste to me. I loved it the first time I tried it.
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have started adding it to my fat free greek yougurt!

this sounds wonderful!
  • mjhelton
    mjhelton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I recently found a product called pb2 (powdered peanut butter). Yes, it has salt and sugar, otherwise the first ingredient are roasted peanuts. I was surprised by how good it tasted. I had given up peanut butter entirely and it had been at least 6-8+ months since I last had any, in fact I found a jar of it in my cabinet that had expired so if that gives you any idea of how long I had gone with it.

pb2:
    serving size: 2 Tbsp
    calories per serving: 45 (fat cal 13)

the sodium only comes to 94mg (4% daily value) and the sugar is only 1g.

I think it's a fair trade to be able to enjoy peanut butter again.

I tried many other brands, organic, low fat, non fat, sugar free (tasted awful) etc. and every jar still had sugar (way more than the 1g in the pb2) and they were all still at least 180+ calories a serving, usually 1-2 tbsp.

I totally agree! I LOVE this stuff. As a matter of fact I just had a PB and Jelly sandwich for lunch yesterday with the PB2 and it ROCKS....
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    Options
    Smuckers Natural Creamy fan here!
    Ingredients: Peanuts and Salt.

When first switching from the major brands, it can taste kind of bland, but, like mentioned above, now if I try Jiff or Skippy, they just taste fake and gross.

Some other "naturals" still have sugar or other oils added, so check.
    I tried some of the just peanuts ones and missed the salt, and since sodium is not a major issue for me, I went back to Smuckers. I let it sit when I first buy a jar and then pour the oil off - just once. It still stays nice and creamy and keeps for a LONG time, just saving about 1/4 - 1/3 cup of oil per jar. That can't be a bad thing.

And 1T on celery makes a nice snack - amazing how far 1T can go, taste-wise.
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started buying Smucker's when I saw it won a taste test in Shape one year. I noticed some of the other "natural" peanut butters had added sugars and other ingredients, and I couldn't figure out why they were calling it natural (I'm talking about brands like Jif and Skippy, not health food store brands).

The requirements for companies to put "Natural" on a product are very loose