hi everyone

Options
so i have just recently joined this little party and would really appreciate any tips anyone would like to share. i have 85, sorry 83 pounds to lose and really want to make sure im on the right track. the calorie intake seems high on here for me to lose but im sticking to it and have found that when i keep track i feel accountable for what i eat. so.... my game plan is doing a 20 min cardio in the morn and a cardio / strength 20 in the evening. do u think that will be enough exercise? also r u suppose to eat back the calories u burn or is that just an added bonus on less calories= more fat burned? please any input would be welcome. thanks and i m so glad ive decided to make a change in my life!!!

Replies

• tiffanyjofisher3
    tiffanyjofisher3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    so i have just recently joined this little party and would really appreciate any tips anyone would like to share. i have 85, sorry 83 pounds to lose and really want to make sure im on the right track. the calorie intake seems high on here for me to lose but im sticking to it and have found that when i keep track i feel accountable for what i eat. so.... my game plan is doing a 20 min cardio in the morn and a cardio / strength 20 in the evening. do u think that will be enough exercise? also r u suppose to eat back the calories u burn or is that just an added bonus on less calories= more fat burned? please any input would be welcome. thanks and i m so glad ive decided to make a change in my life!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Tiffany,

Welcome to MFP! This is a wonderful resouce and supportive community!:happy: As for your calories, as long as you record them honestly, for now, use the deficit MFP has set for you. Most of us would advise you to eat back at least half, if not all of your exercise calories. However, two conditions apply: one- you must actually know how many calories you burn, not guess or use someone else's estimates. This is done with a good heart rate monitor that will tell you how many calories you burn with each workout. Two- the more weight you have to lose, the larger a deficit you can run and still effectively lose weight without affecting your metabolism long term.

As for the amount of exercise, if this is new to you, pick a time and activity that you can stick with! If you don't like what you're doing, you won't keep it up. Once you hit a certain point in your weight loss, however, I think you will need to really push the exercise; get yourself out of your comfort zone. And as always, check with your Dr. before beginning any new exercise routine!:smile:

Good luck and stick with MFP!!! We're always here for you!:flowerforyou:
  • wrinkles
    wrinkles Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome, I'm really enjoying MFP....very supportive and easy to use.

Good luck to you! :smile:
  • tiffanyjofisher3
    tiffanyjofisher3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks for the great info. u r right about the calories u burn durning the exercise- when i put it in here it just doesnt feel like im really burning that much. so i make sure to underestimate rather than over. good luck with your goals. :happy: