Cardio only ?????

Options
....Ok, so im new to this and need your help guys :smile: :
Ive been working out now 3 days a week,cardio,circut (sp) training and then some weights, I don't have a personal trainer or anything, but some say I should only do cardio for now.....til the weight starts to come off?? I dont get it:grumble: Won't it only help if I do weight training now, so (crossing fingers) when I do reach my goal I'm already toned?? I may be wrong but just need some advice:heart:

Replies

• eri1mani
    eri1mani Posts: 42
    Options
    ....Ok, so im new to this and need your help guys :smile: :
    Ive been working out now 3 days a week,cardio,circut (sp) training and then some weights, I don't have a personal trainer or anything, but some say I should only do cardio for now.....til the weight starts to come off?? I dont get it:grumble: Won't it only help if I do weight training now, so (crossing fingers) when I do reach my goal I'm already toned?? I may be wrong but just need some advice:heart:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Building lean muscle helps speed up weight loss which is why resistance training is important.

Who is telling you to do cardio only?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Building lean muscle helps speed up weight loss which is why resistance training is important.

ya...who is tellin you that nonsense?
  • eri1mani
    eri1mani Posts: 42
    Options

ya...who is tellin you that nonsense?

...just a few co-workers I've shared my routine w/, and I was begining to think they were right b/c I have not lost much, but the inches are down....maybe I'm not doing enough cardio?
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I think that you do whatever you want to do that is helping you build muscle and burn fat. it doesn't matter what order you do things or if you combine them. maybe that person did cardio first and then used strength training, and they thought that's how it was supposed to be- lose the weight first then tone. but you need to build muscle to lose fat, so keep doing what you're doing! :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I think that you do whatever you want to do that is helping you build muscle and burn fat. it doesn't matter what order you do things or if you combine them. maybe that person did cardio first and then used strength training, and they thought that's how it was supposed to be- lose the weight first then tone. but you need to build muscle to lose fat, so keep doing what you're doing! :)

good answer:flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If the inches are off but the scale isn't, that means your muscles weigh more than the fat you lost. It's a good thing.

Would you really rather be 30 pounds lighter without losing any inches?