Pilates

Options
Hello, have any of you done pilates and did it help you loose weight? I jsut recently started a pilates class, will be doing it 3 times a week and was just curious if anone else has done it

Replies

• lily08
    lily08 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello, have any of you done pilates and did it help you loose weight? I jsut recently started a pilates class, will be doing it 3 times a week and was just curious if anone else has done it
  • jreeves1
    Options
    If you add cardio & a good diet with pilates you will definitely see a difference.
  • lily08
    Options
    how much cardio will i need to add to see a difference?
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    If your schedule will allow it fill in the days that you don't do Pilates with your cardio anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes of walking, treadmill, reclined bike, etc. Give yourself a days rest (Sunday?) in your schedule but you could also take that days rest for some light free weights that you can buy and have at home.
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    My 22 yo daughter does Pilates 2 times a week, and has noticed a huge difference in her muscle tone, especially her legs and stomach. Seeing her results makes me want to go to class with her, but I can't because of medical restrictions.
  • lily08
    Options
    well thast really cool, I will add cardio along with my pilates. As the teacher told me taht pilates helps loose inches and tones you up, and my dr told inches are more important than the number on the scale