help

Options
I want to gain muscle without gaining to much weight. Im 5'5 and 120 pounds. I strength train 20 minutes everyother day and in between I do a workout video (such as jillians 30 day shred). I rest about 2 days a week and I dont get much cardio other than the occasional walk(but the weathers been bad up my way) or i do about a 10 minute cardio tape. Should I be doing more, or should i just use heavier weights for my 20m. strength workout?

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I want to gain muscle without gaining to much weight. Im 5'5 and 120 pounds. I strength train 20 minutes everyother day and in between I do a workout video (such as jillians 30 day shred). I rest about 2 days a week and I dont get much cardio other than the occasional walk(but the weathers been bad up my way) or i do about a 10 minute cardio tape. Should I be doing more, or should i just use heavier weights for my 20m. strength workout?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    you can't gain muscle without gaining weight. Think about it- if you add anything to your body- fat, muscle, clothing, anything, the scale will read higher. It's gonna happen. it depends on what type of strength training your doing and where you want to gain muscle. It's ok to keep up the cardio too, it's good for you! Think- healthy heart! But just make sure you're eating back what you exercise away- so you don't lose weight and so that your body has lots of energy to build up that muscle you're looking for.