It's the little things...

Options
sonjavon
sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
I've been more motivated to succeed in this lifestyle change than I have ever been in my life. I find myself celebrating the little things... and of course the not-so-little things. As proud as I am of the 11 pounds that I've lost - there are others that I'm equally proud of.

Today, I was offered a cheeseburger from McDonald's by a well-meaning friend of mine... I turned it down and ate the apple that I had planned to eat, then came home and made the sandwich that I had planned to have.

Tonight, my husband and son ordered pizza for dinner. I made the BBQ chicken pizza from my new Biggest Loser cookbook along with a salad and ate that instead.

Tonight my son asked me if I wanted to take a walk - and for the first time in my memory - I didn't hesitate, I didn't huff and I didn't make excuses... I went, I walked, we talked and I was the kind of mom that I've always wanted to be... and it didn't hurt a bit!!!!

Baby step by Baby step I'm becoming the "me" I knew I could be. Thank you ALL for all of the amazing support you've given me in the past 2 weeks... I FEEL GREAT!

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I've been more motivated to succeed in this lifestyle change than I have ever been in my life. I find myself celebrating the little things... and of course the not-so-little things. As proud as I am of the 11 pounds that I've lost - there are others that I'm equally proud of.

Today, I was offered a cheeseburger from McDonald's by a well-meaning friend of mine... I turned it down and ate the apple that I had planned to eat, then came home and made the sandwich that I had planned to have.

Tonight, my husband and son ordered pizza for dinner. I made the BBQ chicken pizza from my new Biggest Loser cookbook along with a salad and ate that instead.

Tonight my son asked me if I wanted to take a walk - and for the first time in my memory - I didn't hesitate, I didn't huff and I didn't make excuses... I went, I walked, we talked and I was the kind of mom that I've always wanted to be... and it didn't hurt a bit!!!!

Baby step by Baby step I'm becoming the "me" I knew I could be. Thank you ALL for all of the amazing support you've given me in the past 2 weeks... I FEEL GREAT!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Congradulations! It really is the little things that count the most. :flowerforyou:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Good for you!:flowerforyou: It feels great to make the right choices without effort!!!:smile: Keep it up!
  • ericajewel
    Options
    thats great!! and you are right, it is the little things that mean the most! lose little things add up to be alot!:laugh:
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Good for you! We always see those foods and we say to ourselves, "Mmm, I NEED one of those right now, they're so delicious!!", but then we end up feeling like crap because the sugars or oils make us feel unhealthy and gross. Of course sometimes we treat ourselves and eat the foods, but being able to control your temptations is an important step, I think. Good job, and keep up the good work! :glasses:
  • fullofjoy720
    Options
    :happy:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    that's great!
    :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome, keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!