What's your recovery drink?

Options
2»

Replies

• rblair_22
    rblair_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just drink water. I've recently started the C25K training program and I find that drinking a lot of water afterward really helps my legs not cramp. I exercise after work and before dinner so my recovery food tends to be whatever I planned for dinner that night.
  • nukehiker
    Options
    I use P90X Results and Recovery (depends on my mood depends on the recipe I use) but, I love that stuff... it really keeps my muscles from being so sore.

P90X results and recovery, need to fuel your body after an intense workout !
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Pure Protein shake. Love them!
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I guzzle an entire bottle of water after a work out, anything else would make me sick on my stomach. I work out really hard then collapse on the couch for a few minutes and then guzzle water, about 5-10 minutes later i feel totally awesome and so alive/awake and full of energy that i usually go do my daily tasks right afterwards. Love the "high" feeling of a good workout :)

PS. i totally love the taste of chocolate milk, but it doesnt like me, i get sick on my stomach every time i drink ...not sure why.

Ahhh that's too bad! Chocolate milk is my fave!

Do you all drink lots of water during a workout too? I wasn't doing that until recently, and I've found that it helps a lot during my HIIT and lifting if I'm drinking a decent sized gulp of water every 3-5 minutes.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    Chocolate Whey Protein powder with almond milk.
  • CMomma23
    CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    One day I'll splurge and get a protein mix or something! They always look so good...

From experience... they don't always taste good... you have to spend good money to get one that doesn't taste like cardboard...

I also, saw someone mention Shakeology, that stuff is amazing t0o! But, it is extremely loaded with so many nutrients that I actually drink Shakeology from time to time as meal replacement... plus it's just that dang good! mmmm....mmm...
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I drink constantly during a workout. I don't get as thirsty as I used to. I used to bring two waters and a small G2 into kickboxing with me. Now one water usually does it. There for awhile I would sweat buckets, but my sweat glands have finally found some balance.
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Do you all drink lots of water during a workout too? I wasn't doing that until recently, and I've found that it helps a lot during my HIIT and lifting if I'm drinking a decent sized gulp of water every 3-5 minutes.
    [/quote]

I keep a gal. bottle, bpa free, on the counter next to me. Same as you, one big gulp often.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I drink tons of water during my workout, then I either drink a protein shake or I eat cottage cheese or a greek yogurt! I also <3 smoothies, so I'm always tossing in a scoop of protein powder into smoothies randomly during the day :happy:

I don't drink milk because I have an allergy (I can do the cultured protein in yogurts and cheeses, but the "whole" milk protein makes me feel awful), but I used to drink chocolate milk after a workout! Yum! I would do chocolate almond milk, but I ONLY like the sweetened stuff, and it has tons of sugar!
  • Timarling
    Options
    I drink a Frankenstein's monster concoction of:

3 tbl gatorade powder
    1/2 scoop ON Double Chocolate protein powder
    1 tsp creatine

It doesn't taste that good, at best an orange tootsie roll pop, but it's dirt cheap to make for the same benefit of, say, beachbody's recovery drink.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Depends what I feel like, usually milk with 1/2 serving Nesquik.
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Amino acids and a smoothie (milk, mango and strawberries)
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    chocolate milk is great because it helps recovery, as it has a carb to protein ratio of 4:1.

I sometimes have flavoured milks or usually a meal replacement shake from optimum health. It has a carb:protein ratio of 1:1
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Since I typically go to the gym right after work, I usually follow up with a nice cold coconut water (Zico pineapple is my FAV) and then I eat dinner, which generally consists of a lean protein and a bunch of veggies.