Ladies...bodyshapers?

Options
I'm looking for a good bodyshaper to wear with semi-clingy dresses. I've tried the Spanx that are like shorts, but they always roll down on my belly, then create an even worse muffin top! Any suggestions?

Replies

• QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    hey-everybody-pay-attention-to-me.jpg
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    tacos....i got nothin'....
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    tacos....i got nothin'....

Yeah, I hate the way Spanx look on that, too :sick:
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Can't help you there..Hope you find something..if nothing else, duct tape works for everything
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Can't help you there..Hope you find something..if nothing else, duct tape works for everything

I would totally do this
  • ruggedBear
    Options
    Look for the super high-waisted shapers. I get them from Target or Kohl's - they look like super tall underwear (not shorts) and the 'waist' band goes right up under my bra band - smoothing out both the belly roll and that little bump under the bra band. Good luck!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secrets makes and amazing body shaper....expensive but worth it in the end. Or try for a full one with straps, they tend to work better also because they'll hide any back fat, wont move, and make your boobs look nicer
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I had that problem with Spanx and another brand that I can't remember the name. What I do that works best is I do a Spanx tank (Only works with some dresses and surely not strapless and pull control top pantyhose over the bottom of the tank. I have a friend who swears by spanks shorts and she says she just pulls them high enough up and she gets no roll down. I know Loft carries a brand (other than Spanx).
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secrets makes and amazing body shaper....expensive but worth it in the end. Or try for a full one with straps, they tend to work better also because they'll hide any back fat, wont move, and make your boobs look nicer

^^ The one with the straps. I wore it under my homecoming dress! Made me look like an hourglass ;D
  • QueenJayJay
    Options
    Look for the super high-waisted shapers. I get them from Target or Kohl's - they look like super tall underwear (not shorts) and the 'waist' band goes right up under my bra band - smoothing out both the belly roll and that little bump under the bra band. Good luck!

I think that's my problem. I've been getting the ones that hit at the belly button.
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Look into Flexees. I absolutely love them and they have all types www.maidenform.com. They are also available at jcpenny, macys, etc...
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good bodyshaper to wear with semi-clingy dresses. I've tried the Spanx that are like shorts, but they always roll down on my belly, then create an even worse muffin top! Any suggestions?

If they are rolling down you have bought a size too small. You might want to try the Spanx that are high waisted. They are not the world's most comfortable things but for special events they are nice. Spanx also has high waisted control tights that are pretty great (do not wear stuff like this if you are going to be eating much food-I always get a stomach ache if I do!)

ETA: I hate that if you hug people too closely it is SO obvious you have Spanx on. It's like hugging a wall LOL!
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options

This is what I use too....LOVE IT!
  • QueenJayJay
    Options

If they are rolling down you have bought a size too small. You might want to try the Spanx that are high waisted. They are not the world's most comfortable things but for special events they are nice. Spanx also has high waisted control tights that are pretty great (do not wear stuff like this if you are going to be eating much food-I always get a stomach ache if I do!)

ETA: I hate that if you hug people too closely it is SO obvious you have Spanx on. It's like hugging a wall LOL!

I fit into the weight/height on their sizing chart, so I don't think that's the issue-- for someone so short (5'4"), I'm extremely long-waisted, though, so I think I just need the taller ones.
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    umm i got my last one from walmart and it was hanes cheap and worked better then any spanx ever ...
    ive tried them and also i tried one @ jcpenny that was amazing but i cant member the name just member it came with two one skin colored and either blak or white or tan...
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

That is exactly why, when I attended a wedding recently, I wore a shaper like this: http://goo.gl/uSXIG

Because it comes up under the bra and is high on the back it gives a smoother look than the panty type. I seldom wear something like this because I don't dress up even once a year.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I used to wear Squeem.
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster that said flexees. I used to wear the kinds that fits like a bathing suit (with crotch snaps).. but the breast area is cut low so that you can wear you own bra.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Try Sweet Nothings from Wal-Mart....these have been the best I've tried so far. It's a legging but I'm sure you could cut them if you need to. The waist is high and they never roll down....
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Maidenform makes bodyshaper camisoles that are sold at walmart and target under a different name.

At walmart they are "sweet nothings". I don't remember the name at target.
    They have cami-style spaghetti straps. They are long enough to go over your hips, so they don't roll up and bulge.
    They are very comfortable. They have other styles, too ... unitard, shaper panties, bodysuit, body briefer, etc.