Wuz gonna complain but then.......

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
I caught a glimpse of my ticker. 30 pounds was my ultimate goal. Once I got there about a month ago I went into a plateau.

Now I was gonna whine and complain. Why me? I just wanna lose another 10-15.

Then I remembered I was hoping to lose 20 pounds and would be really happy if I lost 30!

I DID!!!

So from now on I am saying I hit my goal. And if I lose a few more from exercise or healthy diet changes, then that will be icing on the cake!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie

Replies

• arewethereyet
    Options
    I caught a glimpse of my ticker. 30 pounds was my ultimate goal. Once I got there about a month ago I went into a plateau.

Then I remembered I was hoping to lose 20 pounds and would be really happy if I lost 30!

I DID!!!

So from now on I am saying I hit my goal. And if I lose a few more from exercise or healthy diet changes, then that will be icing on the cake!

• chellebelle315
    Options
    excellent! congrats on making your goal, and for celebrating your success.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!

I was remembering my old goals today too.
    "I just want my stomach to be flat. If I have that I'll be totally happy." Done
    "I just want to be a size 5 again. If I get that, I'll be totally happy." Done
    "I just want to be able to run for longer than 30 minutes." Done
    "I just want to get below 130." Done

It seems like every time we reach one goal, we don't even savor it before we move on to another! It's like binging on chocolates! :laugh: Thank you for reminding us to enjoy our victories. :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations on reaching your goal--and overhauling your life! job well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :drinker: You Jeannie are a wonderful inspiration to us all...:drinker:

Continued happiness and success on the new, healthier, and absolutely HOTTIE you!!! :heart:
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It seems like every time we reach one goal, we don't even savor it before we move on to another!

TRUE!!!
    Go ahead and enjoy your accomplishments! With all of that hard work, it's so important to pat yourself on the back. Congrats! Don't forget how much your progress motivates others too!

But, you can can still be like Forrest Gump when he ran for that touchdown then kept running. :noway:

126046.png
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!!

It seems like every time we reach one goal, we don't even savor it before we move on to another! It's like binging on chocolates! :laugh: Thank you for reminding us to enjoy our victories. :flowerforyou:

You are so right. We don't take enough time to celebrate. Thanks for the reminder. I am definitely victim. Count them all as blessings.
  • mfpme
    mfpme Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Good for you! look at where the start sign is in your ticker. It's at the end. of your ticker.

it's the nature of the ticker i guess, it looks like there's no way to run. But it's not true!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Great job and be proud of yourself!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks for the wonderful encouragement! You are all such successes and inspirations to me!!

I changed my ticker so I could see the little chubby lady (which was me) get to the finish line. I dont think I properly enjoyed the fact I made it, I have been too focused on doing more.

Like SBS said I always say when I do this or that I will be happy. How about be happy RIGHT NOW!!

My first goal was to get my cholesterol under 200 (from 297): DONE in 1 month
    2nd goal was to lose 10 pounds: Done
    3rd goal was to lose 10 % of my body weight: Done
    4th goal was to lose 15% of my body weight: Done
    I then decided my ultimate goal would be 30 pounds and size 6/8 pants. Well I am really happy to say I am THERE!! And I am very happy and satisfied.

But still.............size 5 would be sooooooo niiiiiice!:blushing:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great accomplishment!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Woohoo!!!

Oh yeah, and if MY back could look like yours then I would REALLY be happy!!:wink:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    YEAH Jeannie for reaching your goal! Congratulations!

I agree on enjoying the moment. We don't ever know how many we have left and if we keep waiting till "whatever" to be happy we might just miss alot of happy moments on the way. So enjoy your goal, you made it!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I agree on enjoying the moment. We don't ever know how many we have left and if we keep waiting till "whatever" to be happy we might just miss alot of happy moments on the way. So enjoy your goal, you made it!

there was a great story about a man on a train ride. He gets on the train to his destination but along the way he has to stop due to engine issues, or a sick passenger.

He stops in the most wonderous and beautiful places but refuses to disembark, instead sits in his seat grumbling about not getting to his final stop.

As he finally reaches his destination it is dismal and dreary. The other psgrs are smiling and laughing, talking about all the wonderful things they experienced. They are so filled with memories and joy, they dont even notice it is raining.

That is life for us, huh? That is why I love MFP. It is a wonderful train ride, meeting new friends, learning new things.

Love Jeannie:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    You're awesome, Jeannie!!!!! Now, tell me more about this "icing on the cake". :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    You're awesome, Jeannie!!!!! Now, tell me more about this "icing on the cake". :love:

Your too funny Becky!!

:laugh:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

I DID!!!

I know I am sure as heck proud of you! Your like a big sister to me and I am SOOOOO proud!
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I DID!!!

I know I am sure as heck proud of you! Your like a big sister to me and I am SOOOOO proud!

Thanks Andrew, that means a lot to me:happy:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options

there was a great story about a man on a train ride. He gets on the train to his destination but along the way he has to stop due to engine issues, or a sick passenger.

He stops in the most wonderous and beautiful places but refuses to disembark, instead sits in his seat grumbling about not getting to his final stop.

As he finally reaches his destination it is dismal and dreary. The other psgrs are smiling and laughing, talking about all the wonderful things they experienced. They are so filled with memories and joy, they dont even notice it is raining.

That is life for us, huh? That is why I love MFP. It is a wonderful train ride, meeting new friends, learning new things.

Love Jeannie:flowerforyou:

Just one more reason why your one of my favorite inspirations here:flowerforyou: Be proud of yourself EVERYDAY, you are a wonderful, beautiful woman and you have accomplished sooo much! We:heart: Jeannie. Stay healthy and happy my friend:drinker:
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Congratulations
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!