Girl question

Do you take into account your normal exercise/fitness plan while you're on your period? I always feel like I need more food and I don't want to exercise while I'm on my period, at least the first day or two.

Replies

• michelle225
    michelle225 Posts: 42 Member
    I eat and do the same level of activity when I'm on my period. I notice that when I'm being really good about eating right and exercising in the month before my period then when it actually comes I barely have any symptoms like bloating or fatigue.
  • mmarcy11
    mmarcy11 Posts: 38 Member
    I think it lessens the symptoms when I keep up with the same level of activity. Plus, drinking a lot of water (which people should do anyway) will help shorten the length of your period. It does for me anyway.
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 282 Member
    i don't have cramps so i always workout normally. also, i eat less during my period because i'm not so hungry that few days, don't know why. i think you can do everything like all other days :)
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    I feel draggy and I dont have as much energy sometimes when I first start, but I keep up the same exercises and healthy eating. My pace may not be as fast when I run on those days, but I still do the same distance.
  • I do eat a little more during my TOM and I used to be that way with exercise. I get really really bad cramps that would literally put me on the couch curled in a ball hurting so bad, I always heard exercise helped, I was a skeptic to say the least. I just couldn't get my butt off the couch to do it, I hurt so bad. Well last month I finally did it, thought heck why not nothing else seems to work, and let me tell you I didn't have a single cramp during my period. I was amazed, I have always had bad cramps and they got 10 times worse after I got my tubes tied 5 yrs ago, this is the first time since I have had my period that i didn't have bad cramps much less any cramps at all. So I say get up and exercise the same, it does great things :)
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    For the first two days of my period I get intense cramps but I still exercise and follow my regular routine during my period. It's really important to stick to your schedule and routine and not let anything get in your way.. We're going to keep getting our periods month after month lol no reason to let it knock us under.
  • _Ren
    _Ren Posts: 89 Member
    I stick to my plan. Although, sometimes I go over my calories a bit with a mocha iced cappuccino (no whip cream) to help with a hormonal migraine.