clean eating question

Options
Amy_B
Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
I browsed the thread on clean eating, and it's intriguing. What do you do when you have family events where you may not be sure what others are serving (the ingredients)? Any book recs for me to read up on this CE?

ETA: Does your whole immediate family eat clean too? I am afraid I'd have a hard time selling it to my kids and husband.

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I browsed the thread on clean eating, and it's intriguing. What do you do when you have family events where you may not be sure what others are serving (the ingredients)? Any book recs for me to read up on this CE?

ETA: Does your whole immediate family eat clean too? I am afraid I'd have a hard time selling it to my kids and husband.
  • Petunia_K
    Petunia_K Posts: 35
    Options
    I've bought the new Clean Eating Magazine and it has some yummy recipes in it and good articles. It's a good intro without necessarily buying a whole cook book yet. Basically the way I see it is that CE is making as much as you can from scratch with fresh ingredients and balanced nutrients. I don't pretend to do it all the time, but when I plan my meals I do try to avoid packaged and processed foods. I think about using ingredients as close to nature as possible and eating a variety. As far as kids go, I have four, and they do get mac and cheese and other not so good things to eat, but I try to mix in a much of the good stuff as I can, and I try to put out a lot of fruit and veggies and whole grain crackers for them to snack on. I don't know. You'd almost have to be super mom to get kids and husbands to eat clean all the time, its hard enough to do it myself! Good luck.
  • Megan2287
    Megan2287 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think Martha Stewart's website had a lot of healthy recipes that are kid friendly if that helps
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    look up Tosca Reno on amazon or chapters. She has a few AMAZING books (the Eat-Clean Diet is a great read with some good recipes and the two cookbooks are great). I own all 3 of those and plan on buying the Eat-Clean Diet for Men when it comes out soon simply because there are MORE recipes. She has entire chapters in her book about your questions and I think you'd be REALLY glad you invested in as many of her books as you can. Clean Eating Magazine and Oxygen Magazine are also great resources. :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    that's a great question

consider bringing your own food to any event that might have unpredictable food. assuming that your desire to lose weight and be healthy is a matter of life or death (it is for me) then you will want to go to any lengths to achieve your goal

good luck---you can do it :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: