Fiber?!?

Options
I just recently started tracking my fiber and holy cow am I over every day! Not by a little either, I usually double it if not more.

I just started tracking it because I learned that it contributes to the 'full feeling' - something I wasn't aware of previously. I feel like I am a pretty healthy eater, and so, I don't understand what's up with my numbers in red. Perhaps the percentage set by MFP is too low? I have a feeling that going over in Fiber has no negative consequences but I'm so confused as to why it's set so low.

Any input appreciated!!!

Replies

• SweatinSammie
    Options
    Hmmm no one knows anything about fiber?
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Its fine to go over the MFP recommendation.
    The more fiber you take in the better.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    As long as you are drinking lots of water lots of fiber shouldn't be a problem.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    MFP sets it way low. I reset mine higher. I think 25 or 30 is recommended.
  • nataliefrank
    Options
    I always go way over on fiber as well, but thats on purpose for me! I have IBS and have found that as long as i eat a lot of fiber then the IBS doesnt really bother me. It also adds to your weight loss due to the fact that you should be having regular bowel movements and not getting "backed up" ( which will add weight ) so i think you are fine with going over on the fiber and its probably a good idea to stay that way since your body is use to functioning with that much fiber! Hope this helps:smile:
  • amykathleen2005
    amykathleen2005 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The suggestion for fiber is low. As long as you aren't having stomach cramps or problems you should be ok.