recipes with low servings

Options
skwhatley
skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
okay. i'm what some would consider domestically challeged, but with watching what i'm eating (not only cals, fat, and carbs but sugar and sodium intake as well) its hard cause i mostly eat frozed or canned foods. i'm trying to possibly start to cook a little more and i've been researching lots of recipes but they all have like atleast 4-6 servings per recipe.

well my question is does anybody have any good healthy recipes for like two or know what i can do to alter the recipe so i won't be cooking so much.

i live in an apartment so freezer room is limited.

Replies

• skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    okay. i'm what some would consider domestically challeged, but with watching what i'm eating (not only cals, fat, and carbs but sugar and sodium intake as well) its hard cause i mostly eat frozed or canned foods. i'm trying to possibly start to cook a little more and i've been researching lots of recipes but they all have like atleast 4-6 servings per recipe.

well my question is does anybody have any good healthy recipes for like two or know what i can do to alter the recipe so i won't be cooking so much.

i live in an apartment so freezer room is limited.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Yes you can actually cut the recipe in half and by this I mean if it calls for a cup of something then only use a 1/2 cup. Or if it says 1 pound of meat use only a half a pound and so on for the whole recipe. This way you are only getting 2-3 servings instead of the standard 4-6 servings
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I have limited freezer space to but I still freeze things. The meatloaf muffin recipe on here is really good. If you don't have muffin tins just make small loaves. Think two muffins together for one serving.

soups, chili, spaghetti sauce, meatballs, cooked chicken all freeze well.

Sometimes I cut recipes down but if you can freeze some for another time it saves you time.