When did you start noticing weight loss in yourself?

Options
My starting weight was 251 and I've lost 7 pounds so far. People have commented that they can see a change in my face and that I just look better. My clothes fit about the same as they have and I can't really see the difference. I'm not discouraged by it but I am just wondering when you start to notice some changes in yourself?

Replies

• Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same, few people say they can see a difference, but I can't see anything. :-(
    Best advice I can give is to measure, I was feeling a bit crap when I couldn't see any change. I remeasured, had lost 2 inch off waist 1 off thighs, 1 off hips. Made me feel much better.
    We see ourselves everyday, but the tape measure doesn't lie.
  • cape_g
    cape_g Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For me around the 7-10lb mark, I was having to roll over the top of my jeans. I have just in the past week noticed a difference in my face. Keep up the good work!
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I noticed it a bit when I lost 10.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I don't see much of a difference yet - but someone told me my ARMS were thinner. ( uhhhh i didn't have fat arms? )

I did, however, measure my belly and I am down 2" or so there. Most of my skirts are elastic waist, or drawstring, so I hadn't noticed.
  • GreenEyedGrl86
    Options
    I'm down about 13 pounds, I don't see a difference at all. My family and a few of my coworkers tell me THEY do, but I just don't see it. Clothes and everything still fit the same. Hoping it might make a difference when I hit the 20-25 lb lost mark.
  • michelle225
    michelle225 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started losing when I was 154 and first noticed the loss when it was about 6 pounds. Now I'm in the low 120s and even 1-2 pounds makes a visable difference.
  • amandakitts
    Options
    I didn't notice much of a difference until I lost like 30 pounds.
    Then one day, I was shopping in WalMart, walked by a mirror, and did a double take.
    I didn't recognize myself! My face was a different person!
  • judyccarter
    Options
    My daughter had stuck with this plan for about 4 months before we really realized what she was doing, but it works, she lost from 180 to 125 in the 4 months, boy I'm hoping for some of the same results, so far just 9 #s just started my 4th week, but my hubby is doing great with me on the same except he has a 100 more calories than I do, he has hit 14#'s so proud of him
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Google a picture of what 1lb of fat looks like. I mean real fat. This is inspiring. You should feel great about loosing 7lbs. Keep it up. I read it takes 12 weeks for YOU to notice the weight you have lost.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Aside from being able to go to the last notch on my belt for work, I can't see it. It's discouraging.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    For me, it was about 30 pounds, give or take.....but it wasn't until I "had" to buy different clothes, because mine were literally falling off of me. It was then (buying new clothes that fit) that other people noticed, too. I was so excited when I bought a pair of jeans in the same size I wore in high school. :wink: I started at almost 200 pounds.
    The biggest compliment I received was when my older brother told a cousin that when he saw me the first time after I had lost weight, he didn't recognize me until I started talking!
    Kaye
  • mkklun44
    mkklun44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am down 31 pounds and seems I am just noticing a difference
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I noticed it started coming off when I took on a fairly physically demanding new job almost 2 years ago, that is what prompted me to get serious and get healthy.

Some people did not see it right away. I would think to myself that 10-15lbs didn't make a difference at all in terms of people seeing it??? I can't recall what number it was that made people 'see it' for sure on the scale but people now definitely say they notice it, it makes me feel good. Of course sometimes I am still very hard on myself, looking at myself still seeing myself as fat, honing in on my 'problem areas'. It goes back and forth depending on the day, some days I have "way to go Me!" days and other days I have "I look/feel fat" days.

Also when the clothes (my fat clothes) started getting to big, that was a pretty big indicator that something I was doing was working.