Replies

• randalkeith
    randalkeith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    < wife accidentally posted under hubby accnt , going to her own accnt >
  • anelsen577
    anelsen577 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try using TAXACT.COM this program is free filing :)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Refund? Refund? LMAO haven't had one of those in a couple years. Income went up, sadly most of the 'extra' income goes to taxes (so what was the point in that raise?) plus we try to be close anyways, even when we were getting a 'refund' we didn't want to lend the government our money for free.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    Hasnt recieved it yet, but YES ITS GONE! New floors, giving my mom some, bills & BAM my usual pay check routine..
  • jsjaclark
    Options
    Going toward new loveseat for the living room. We bought the sofa prior to Christmas and put a deposit on the loveseat to lock in the price. It will be delivered next week (about the same time as the tax refund gets deposited).
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^This!!!!!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I paid off my bills that I had racked up thanks to an ex-boyfriend (this came with a promise to myself to never to be so stupid again :angry: ), and financed a move into a new place for me and my kids to start fresh. :drinker:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    We put some in our primary savings towards our vacation in July. We put some more in our secondary savings towards refinancing my moms house into our name (she wants something smaller so we are gonna assume it). We paid off my chiropractor bill, paid for our one cat to be fixed and get his shots and saved aside the money for the 2nd of our cats for her shots, we are fixing the window on our car that has been taped up for a year and a half and if there is anything left, we will be putting $100 towards clothes for in between sizes (I don't spend more than $2 on shirts and $4 on jeans at Burkes outlet while Im losing) and my hubby and I are each getting our 3rd tats.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm at SAHM and I OWED the lovely Canadian government! Yep....not. happy. at. all.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Refund?
    Never get one, because that means I overpaid those crooks, and they're just giving me back what is mine with ZERO INTEREST!

No thanks!
    Instead, I just cheat on my taxes and keep what I can steal, invest that and make money on what I don't pay those greedy rich, elitist goose eggs.
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    What is a refund?
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    New Orleans, New York and Jamaica :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:

The rest is house down payment money...
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I'm getting several thousand back. I am in so much mortgage debt though, that's where all my extra cash goes towards paying down on it.
  • seoid
    seoid Posts: 151
    Options
    Mine are done and money back....it's in savings. $6000 baby!!!!!
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Yep, Honeymoon :)
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I am horrible at saving, so I always set my taxes so i get a refund.... yeah, i let them use my money all year but if I didn't, I'd have nothing... i'm weak! I should get around $3k

1. Polar FT60 (better HRM)
    2. Both dogs full vet visit, shots, pills, grooming -- easily $500 (Yikes!)
    3. Pay off credit cards ($700)
    4. Rest into savings.... where it never stays for long :)
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    We used ours to pay bills and saved ourselves $300 a month by doing so! The only problem is they took out about $2000 for "unpaid" debt and come to find out they sent the money to the place we "owed" the debt to and we didn't owe it. Now we have to wait on them to write us a check for the amount which may take up to 90 days. So annoyed.

We got $7500 back!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What's a refund?
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone....why is it the more you make the less you get back? I have a friend who got back almost $10,000 and neither her or husband barely worked last year...wtf? We are using it to pay our little girl's school tuition off, pay off the credit cards we racked up last year and hopefully will have enough to get carpet in the our soon to be master bedroom that we have been working on for the last 3 years!! Hopefully we get what we got back last year!!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    pay some bills, new clothes, a little to savings...maybe a lil trip to FL.