What are you eating for lunch today?

Options
Always looking for ideas! :smile:

I had 2 boiled eggs with 1 t of mayo, salt, and pepper
Half a red pepper
3 Stalks of celery
1/4 cup of ranch dip (packet with light sour cream)
Water

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    No leftovers today and I overslept so it will either be a can of Campbell's Healthy Request soup or some sushi from the grocery store.
  • chefanie85
    Options
    I'm having a ham sandwich on wheat bread, some red grapes, and possibly some green beans.

But now sushi sounds really good! lol
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    I would have had a nice grilled turkey burger with the trimmings if my son would not have ate it last night!!! He had already eaten 3 regular burgers (small) but, still!! He ate my food!! He's fixing to be 15, so I give in that he's a teenager!!

Now I will have lean quisine glazed chicken....
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I went to Moe's - had a salad with tofu, pinto beans, jalapenos, cucumbers, grilled mushrooms, and salsa as dressing.
  • Linlovesb
    Options
    Today its 4 slices of Deli Turkey, 10 baby carrots, 3 stalks of celery with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, Apple Slices & a few red grapes!
    All of that for under 200 calories & it keeps me pretty full till my afternoon snack!
  • kbbeale
    kbbeale Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yall are better than me. Im having a bowl of cheerios. :-/
  • coyoteo
    coyoteo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    A spinach and herb tortilla with turkey pepperoni and pizza sauce for a total of 174 calories and an apple and an orange if I am still hungry.
  • tbabs
    tbabs Posts: 5
    Options
    Wendy's Chili - not the healthiest option but it works well for my busy day. Drive through, lots of protein, low fat, under 300 cals.
  • AmandaBroun
    Options
    I was low on lunch foods, so I'm having no-oatmeal.

2 eggs, mashed squash, a little peanut butter, splenda, and cinnamon. Stirred up and cooked in the microwave.
  • PeanutsMamaTx
    PeanutsMamaTx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    2 HMR entrees - Enchiladas and Chicken Creole. 420 calories total
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with 1/2 cup Classico Spaghetti sauce and an apple. And of course a Diet Mountain Dew! :wink:
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My homemade chicken noodle soup. Contains celeery, carrots, mushrooms, onions, cucumber, chicken, egg noodles, and my assorted spices. It is about 120 calories per cup and knocks out much of my nutrition for the day.

Oh, and it tastes so good!
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Salad with romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, feta, dry roasted peanuts for crunch, and broccoli with light asian sesame dressing. (this dressing is my new obsession, I'm addicted!).
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    8oz of Flounder
    3oz of Shrimp
    1/2 bag of Edemame in the pods
    1 tomato & 1 cucmber diced
    452 calories & 70 grams of protein
  • sam1acey
    Options
    2 Quaker Rice Cakes (Tomato & Basil) - 100 cal
    Can fruit in light syrup - 100 cal
    blueberry yogurt drink- 80 cal

Yummy
  • jamison33
    Options
    Grilled chicken salad (mixed greens, 5 small slices of chicken, 1/4 shredded carrots and pinch of cheese, plus a few chickpeas). 1 tablespoon balsamic dressing.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I made this into 6 lunches, so divide everything by 6:
    2 lbs ground turkey
    1 can black beans
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can tomato sauce
    1 can stewed tomatoes
    1 bottle sriracha
    2 cups jack cheese
    2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
    (slow cooker for 8 hours)

And the salsa
    3 avocados
    1 lb corn
    12 oz fat free sour cream

It's like 850 calories, but all I'm eating besides this is a thing of yogurt for breakfast and a protein shake at night.
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Chipotle Black Beans and Sweet Potato (approx 300 calories)

I make ahead the black bean dish and eat it various ways during the week. Sometimes on a potato or sweet potato... romaine lettuce/baby spinach... brown rice... and even spaghetti squash. Sometimes will mix the 1/3 cup of rice into it then put it on the squash or greens.

1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
    1 cup of chopped bell pepper (any color works)
    1 can of black beans
    1-2 tablespoons of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (2 is very spicy... also rest of can keeps for 2 weeks in fridge... i mix about tablespoon in various dishes during that time... scrambled eggs is especially yummy)

I bring all ingredients to slow simmer... cooking until bell pepper is softened. About 10-15 minutes. Makes 4 servings.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Grilled chicken on a bed of leafy greens with feta crumbles, Craisins, walnuts and balsamic vinegar.
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    depends on if I wanna be bad or be good...

bad choice - weight watchers creamy rigatoni with brocoli & chicken

good choice - salad consisting of: iceburg, romaine, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, banana peppers, and one boiled egg sliced over it.

got one hour to decide. lol