How long before the sweet craving goes away?

Options
13»

Replies

• lucum
    lucum Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen mangos or apples when I want to eat something sweet.
  • marleyskye05
    Options
    Lol....never! What makes you think it'll just disappear? You may crave sweets LESS but I don't believe anyone when they tell me it disappears all together. Lies!
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    In general single instance cravings only last 10 minutes. In general I am not a sweets person but I've heard that overall craving of sweets lasts a few months.
  • perdikatherine
    Options
    I've been logging for 16 days so far and it hasn't gone away at all. I can't trust myself though to keep anything sweet in my apartment or I will eat the WHOLE thing in one sitting. I have zero self control. I would literally sell my soul for a cupcake right now... and I spent my whole life hating cupcakes. Go figure.

I do snack on fruits though which helps a little bit. I'm a lot less likely to eat a whole bag of grapes than a whole bag of chocolate.

I totally feel the same way!!! No self-control at all. I prefer not having anything sweet at all in the house or I'll eat everything in one sitting.
    What is difficult for me is to coltrol my cravings on the day when I have evening classes and I can't go to the gym. On that day, I want to eat sweets all day long, especially cookies, muffins... Any ideas how to fix this...?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I've been logging for 16 days so far and it hasn't gone away at all. I can't trust myself though to keep anything sweet in my apartment or I will eat the WHOLE thing in one sitting. I have zero self control. I would literally sell my soul for a cupcake right now... and I spent my whole life hating cupcakes. Go figure.

I do snack on fruits though which helps a little bit. I'm a lot less likely to eat a whole bag of grapes than a whole bag of chocolate.

I totally feel the same way!!! No self-control at all. I prefer not having anything sweet at all in the house or I'll eat everything in one sitting.
    What is difficult for me is to coltrol my cravings on the day when I have evening classes and I can't go to the gym. On that day, I want to eat sweets all day long, especially cookies, muffins... Any ideas how to fix this...?

I generally buy five or six dozen Cadbury eggs when they go on sale after Easter and tell myself I'll have one a day, or two if I've been working hard moving hay, and they last a long time that way. In your case, you should probably never buy more than one of whatever thing it is, one donut rather than a box or a dozen, for instance.
  • LessofJenJen
    LessofJenJen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and it drives me CRAZY!!! I have found some tricks though that have helped...Gum and also 75% (or higher) dark chocolate. Suck on a piece of really dark chocolate instead of chewing. It helps.

I have gone long periods of time (a week) without sugar and sometimes the cravings go completely away and sometimes not (especially if PMSing). But keep trying and and it'll get better. :)