Woot! I ran a lap!

Options
OK, laugh if you want to, but hat is HUGE for me..... first time I have run in about 15 years!

But not only did I run a lap, but I played 35 minutes of basketball / dodge ball, but I also hit the heavy bag for 15 minutes, and then finished up with a 15 minute cool down walk.

All, in all, one helluva day for me.

Replies

• arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think that is fantastic!!! Keep it up and you will soon be able to run two and three laps!!!! Great job!!!!
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    Awesome job. Keep up the great work.
  • angiebarker
    Options
    congrats! keep it up!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Nice job, those baby steps are important. Keep it up!
  • tuffhd
    tuffhd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    We all have to start some where, right! Sticking with it is the hard part, for me.
    Keep it up and thanks for the inspiration.
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    That's great! That one lap will turn into two then next thing it'll be a mile! Good job!
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I'm planning on running tonight too! Great day for it!
  • Momsarah5
    Momsarah5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good Job that is huge!!!!!
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Yayyyyy!!! well done :-) keep it up!:drinker:
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    I think I am starting to "pay for it" right now, LOL.... wish I had a jacuzzi tub.
  • 0RESET0
    0RESET0 Posts: 128
    Options
    Is it a 1/4 mile lap or 1/2 mile? I just managed a 1/2 mile at 6 mph yesterday. Feels great doesn't it? That sounds like one hell of a workout. Good job.
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    I ran a block and felt like I accomplished a Marathon! So excited for you!
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work! I know first hand how hard it is, but after a while your muscles will build and you will be running a mile!
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Great job all. My husband and I are doing couch potato to 5k. I NEVER thought I'd ever want to run...but I'm starting to see the allure.
  • dvargas46
    Options
    Fantastic! I'm sure you'll be running miles before you know it! :drinker:
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    No-one will laugh... and if they do I will personally punch them in their stupid face! :wink:

Being able to run for the first time in a long time is a great feeling - almost liberating. You should be very proud of yourself for reaching this milestone!

Now that you know you can do this, it opens up a million more possibilites for other pysical activities that will fast track your success. :drinker:
  • debee2000
    Options
    Try a bath instead. Any warm water will help. Oh and dont forget to stretch your quads and other parts of your legs so they don't tighten up.

Next time try for a few more steps past the 1 lap and keep adding each time you run. Before you know it, you would have done 2 laps!

Good Luck and keep going!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Excellent job, brother!
  • mahall270
    Options
    great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!