coming out of my shell

sandy0607
sandy0607 Posts: 3
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
well i finally decided to introduce myself..my name is sandy (20) im a mother of two..dylan who is almost 3 and jessica 16 months..ive been overweight almost my whole life and i want a change..i lost 30 pounds back in late 07 early 08 untill we lost my SO and my childrens father..he was the one that pushed me to keep working and was my rock. when i found out of his death i barely ate then went into this unhealthy eating habit again...so here i am more then willing to do what i started and just try and not give up..

Replies

• well i finally decided to introduce myself..my name is sandy (20) im a mother of two..dylan who is almost 3 and jessica 16 months..ive been overweight almost my whole life and i want a change..i lost 30 pounds back in late 07 early 08 untill we lost my SO and my childrens father..he was the one that pushed me to keep working and was my rock. when i found out of his death i barely ate then went into this unhealthy eating habit again...so here i am more then willing to do what i started and just try and not give up..
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I'm very sorry for your and your children's loss

but try to remember, the only person you NEED in order to succeed is yourself! You can do this :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Welcome Sandy. :flowerforyou:
  • thanks guys!...i do have a starting picture..i was 284..im currently 275..
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Welcome and best of luck to you.:flowerforyou: This is a wonderful site.:smile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Welcome to MFP!

So so sorry to hear about your loss.

Use the tools here and you will be sucessful. Everyone is so supportive and motivational. You will love it here!

Congrats on the weight lost so far! Keep going cuz you can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • harpe007
    harpe007 Posts: 5
    I am sorry for your loss. Like you I lost my husband and my two kids father. But my weight loss didnt happen til 4 months after he died and realized I had comforted myself with food. I started dieting then
    but when I discovered working out, esp cardio combined with free weights, my mood improved and my depression lifted. I started working out for those side effects and as the pounds have come off I have gained self-confidence and self - control.....Stick with it! Its worth it. Now I try to get my kids involved (they are 4 and 2) by goin on walks at park or bike rides.....Good Luck!!!!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    I am so sorry for you and your children's loss. I welcome you to this site and wish you all the success. You will find this site quite rewarding:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.