How much in the way of calories and fat does pan frying add

Options
I want to fry some lean pork cutlets in a pan with olive oil. I won't be deep frying and if I use three tablespoons of oil, I'd be surprised. Anyone know if this adds significant calories, other than the oil itself?
Curious.

Replies

• Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    I want to fry some lean pork cutlets in a pan with olive oil. I won't be deep frying and if I use three tablespoons of oil, I'd be surprised. Anyone know if this adds significant calories, other than the oil itself?
    Curious.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I always measure my EVOO I put in the pan. I also bought a pump spray for $15 at Williams Sonoma. I love it as I can glaze the bottom of the pan with very little oil.

That being said, you NEED oil so I would add 1 tbls of olive oil to my food log if I was cooking it that way. ( I like mine with Thyme, EVOO, salt and pepper, :love: _

enjoy your dinner!:drinker:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    GREAT ADVICE!!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    interesting question.
    I've wondered what the difference could possibly be if I scramble or hard boil my eggs, as long as there's no fat added. When I make an omelette I don't add any fat.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,924 Member
    Options
    I use spray olive oil that doesn't add any calories:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: