Rice Diet

Options
bj2007
bj2007 Posts: 41 Member
I am intrigued by the rice diet as a quick one or two week jumpstart. Has anyone tried it?

:tongue:

Replies

• bj2007
    Options
    I am intrigued by the rice diet as a quick one or two week jumpstart. Has anyone tried it?

:tongue:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My friend tried it and said it was great but like all diets she said she gained it all back right away:grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    If you do try it and it works would you be ever so kind as to pass it on to me please. It sounded like something I would like to try. And my friend is the kind of person that takes her time getting the info to you. I would like to know more about the rice diet. Please reply to my mailbox....Thanks:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Kelly:heart:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    never heard of it.

ps- your body doesn't need a "jump start" it's already running.:drinker:
  • bj2007
    Options
    Here is the website that gives the most info --- just click on the drop down menu on the first page.

http://www.riceway.com/

(I don't know how to reply to your mailbox, sorry!)

As for my body already running --- yep it is but on slow speed. It is weight loss I want to jump start, not my body.

:bigsmile:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    You do whatever works for you, my hubby did the colon cleanse thing, he lost 6 pounds, that gave him that little bit of jump that he needed, he's now down 38 lbs, and didn't gain any of it back, he's the type of person that needed to see some result before he took his weight loss serious. When it comes to losing weight, we're not all created equally.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Here is the website that gives the most info --- just click on the drop down menu on the first page.

http://www.riceway.com/

(I don't know how to reply to your mailbox, sorry!)

As for my body already running --- yep it is but on slow speed. It is weight loss I want to jump start, not my body.

:bigsmile:

I just took a look and not sure why its called the Rice diet,,,maybe the auth\or of it

it looks like primarly a low sodium diet

they are suggesting 500 mg of sodium a day which is really low and would be hard for me'..

other than the sodium and not much protein,,,it looks like most clean eating type regimens
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Nothing in their website talks about using it for a jump start. They say it is a lifestyle. Like Dave said basically low sodium. And from the quick look I did I did not notice much protein.

It is based on a 1939 diet/study. There is still a clinic in Durham NC that offers it. They also say it is a lifestyle not a jumpstart for quick weightloss.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look incredibly outrageous .. try it if it looks good and let us know how you feel on it.
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Nothing in their website talks about using it for a jump start. They say it is a lifestyle. Like Dave said basically low sodium. And from the quick look I did I did not notice much protein.

It is based on a 1939 diet/study. There is still a clinic in Durham NC that offers it. They also say it is a lifestyle not a jumpstart for quick weightloss.

nothing says it can't be used as a jump start either
  • bj2007
    Options
    If you do more searching, the history seems to be that it was orginally mostly rice but it has evolved to mostly grains and fruit with some nonfat dairy daily and protein once a week. One site had a lot of comments and most folks seem to have used it as a quick two week program and then switched to a regular diet regimen. The lifestyle part is advocated by the NC clinic who still offer it.

They also recommend exercise. The negative is that it is bland and hard to follow for a long period of time. The lifestyle part comes after all weight is lost and you go on maintenance (which we all know is the hardest part).
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    protein once a week??! I've heard of cutting carbs but cutting protein? ummmmmmmmm
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    If you do more searching, the history seems to be that it was orginally mostly rice but it has evolved to mostly grains and fruit with some nonfat dairy daily and protein once a week. One site had a lot of comments and most folks seem to have used it as a quick two week program and then switched to a regular diet regimen. The lifestyle part is advocated by the NC clinic who still offer it.

They also recommend exercise. The negative is that it is bland and hard to follow for a long period of time. The lifestyle part comes after all weight is lost and you go on maintenance (which we all know is the hardest part).

if one of the thousand diets out there can give you some structure and guidelines then it cant hurt too bad...and you might want to try it

I would suggest trying to go as clean as you can as in avoiding processed foods which helps lower sodium and the chemicals...

it is appealing to try and lose weight quickly and I would do it if I had to like for an event or something but in the long run,,,a clean fuel regimen and the exercise that ALL diets suggest is the answer for the long haul

good luck