Cleanses... to do or not to do?

Options
I feel really 'backed up' and have been really curious about cleanses for awhile (especially the master cleanse spicy lemonade). A friend mentioned this cleanse where they fedex your drinks to your house and you have a variety of flavors that you drink every two hours. I won't mention the brand because I don't want to like advertise it or anything, but I was wondering if cleanses are productive and healthy.

thanks

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    no, they're not
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    They are baloney. Your kidney's and liver cleanse your system, not some expensive drink.
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You could schedule an early colonoscopy--the prep will cleanse you more than you can imagine.
  • Gt3ch
    Gt3ch Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The delivered bottled juice I've seen was filtered so it doesn't get things moving. (In fact it clogs you up if you're doing the juice fast.) The best thing is a pulpy juice like green lemonade from a masticating juicer. I think master cleanse is just irritating and doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Of course prunes and fresh salad work really well...
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Try adding more water first. It's my #1 diet drink and #1 cleanse.
    Another thing that's helped - Traditional Medicinals' Smooth move tea - comes in a chocolate variety that's pretty tasty!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I use the Agro Labs Acia Daily cleanse product, I like the results. I feel I have a better "movement" when I use it. Every 6 mos I also use the acia cleanse tablets. WOW, I love that too!

Now after saying this I also want to state I have IBS-c and have issues when it comes to going number 2.

Ever seen a dog after it takes a nice big dump go running around kicking his back legs out, yep, that is about how I feel after a good cleanse.

I am sharing my personal experience, not my opinion. Everyone has different experiences with these things.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options
    Try adding more water first. It's my #1 diet drink and #1 cleanse.
    Another thing that's helped - Traditional Medicinals' Smooth move tea - comes in a chocolate variety that's pretty tasty!

OMG I MUST HAVE THIS TEA! I am a major fan of Traditional Medicinal teas, if it was not for the Throat Coat, I do not know if I would have survived that wicked head cold that is going around. WOOHOO, and to add chocolate to the mix, you just made my day!
  • michelle916
    Options
    I drink water like a fish. It doesn't help.
    But from a non "movement' standpoint, do they help at all?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Options
    I drink water like a fish. It doesn't help.
    But from a non "movement' standpoint, do they help at all?

YES, they help a great deal. Personally I love a good colon cleanse, who does not like to take a 10 pound poo? :smile:
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Try align probiotics. They are very good for you. My dr. recomended them. And you never have an adverse effect.
  • lissamok
    Options
    I don't recommend the cleanses, but when I have difficulty, I find that eating spinach salads for a week with a good amount of water helps move things right along. Increasing fiber naturally seems to work best for me.
  • I1ahunt
    Options
    I prefer Super cleanse by Nature's secret when I get that bloated backed up feeling...but I must admit I have been eating oatmeal at breakfast and salad everyday for lunch and haven't needed it lately