Hungrier after I eat!

Options
This always seems to happen to me and I don't understand it!! I will eat something (just now I ate an english muffin with a little bit of honey) - I wasn't super hungry before I ate it, but it had been a few hours since I'd had anything to eat and I try to eat something every 3-4 hours...and after I finished it, I felt starving! It makes no sense to me!! I am trying so hard to convince myself to not go get something else to eat...so I came on here and figured I'd ask if this happens to anyone else? If so, what do you do? PS-my food diary is very inconsistent so I wouldn't bother looking at it :-/

I appreciate any help!!

Replies

• Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    You should probably add a little protein. I get like that when I don't add fiber and protein to my meals and snacks I hope this helps.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If it has been 3-4 hours since you last ate maybe it is just natural hunger and it is time to eat something more substantial. Also I'm pretty sure an english muffin with honey will trigger hunger since it is white flour and sugar. Like the abover poster said add some PB to it and try whole wheat english muffins.
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Carbs actually make you hungrier. Try eating lean protein with your carbs, and make sure they are whole grain. Try ezkiel bread its quite dense so it fills you up better. I recently started blogging my meal plans and other healthy tips, seems to have made me more accountable I think. hahaha. If you're interested check it out. http://mission-size6.blogspot.com/ I am no expert but have found that whole grains give you that satisfied feeling when you eat them slowly. :wink:
  • Jhardin310
    Options
    I didn't even think about the carbs making me hungrier! I'll try adding more protein to my diet :) Thanks for the advice!