abs abs abs

Options
Like many lovely ladies out there (and some men too:wink: ) I have the so called "muffin top". I have been working my tummy off trying to do every different kind of crunch I can think of but I was wondering if any one has some good suggestions on how to loose that beloved stubborn belly fat? I am really self conscious of it and would love to get rid of it.

Thanks guys :smile:

Replies

• xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    Like many lovely ladies out there (and some men too:wink: ) I have the so called "muffin top". I have been working my tummy off trying to do every different kind of crunch I can think of but I was wondering if any one has some good suggestions on how to loose that beloved stubborn belly fat? I am really self conscious of it and would love to get rid of it.

Thanks guys :smile:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    cardio, cardio, and more cardio, you can build the ab muscles, but unless you do cardio to burn the layer of fat covering them, the crunches are useless.
  • 2much
    2much Posts: 2
    Options
    that's right...the workout will build a strong core...but to show your abs...you need to burn more more calories than you you consume so that fat is utilized for energy as you loose weight...you can also reduce your fat intake (but not too much)...not knowing your ht/wt...i would go half of normal for fat intake (~30grams/day)...
    as for belly fat...the old saying, the 1st place you see it is the last place to leave when you burn fat...so don't get discouraged....it will go away...its just the most frustrating area in almost everyone's body...
    good luck
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My muffin top went away when I started fitting into my pants. :happy: I noticed that when they're too tight, the muffin forms. But when the waistband is the correct size, the muffin (even though still doughy :laugh: ) doesn't bulge over the top.

I lost a pant size about every 8-10 pounds so you will probably notice a difference soon!
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    Thank you everyone...
    I just get so discouraged sometimes but I have seen a difference in my pants and I am just going to up my cardio a little bit and blast that mushy top away :laugh:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My muffin top started to go away from my Pilates class...but it REALLY started to shed when I incorporated jogging on the treadmill. Not much jogging, but enough to get my heart pumping.

Good Luck!! You'll do great!!!!
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
  • AmyLou9903
    Options
    I take it you're a "natural" muffin top? I am, too. In other words, it's not your pants being too tight, but just how your body is shaped? I can wear pants I'm pulling up constantly and I still have a muffin top. I have a muffin top when I'm naked, so obviously it's not my pants being too tight. My body just stores fat on the sides/back.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is tons and tons of cardio and lose the fat. I've always heard you can shrink the body you have, but you can't really change it's shape until it's shed of fat. Even then, you'll still have to work very hard, because the place you previously gained first will probably be the place you ALWAYS gain first, and easiest, too. In other words, people like me and other natural muffins out there will drop to a size 14, 12, 10, 8. . . but if we tend to gain weight in the muffin area, we'll still have that, just in a smaller size! I knew a girl once who was a size 6--and 8s fell off--and she had a natural muffin-top, too. Sucks, doesn't it??

Good luck!
  • xfluffyfrogx
    Options
    Yeah I would say I am a natural and boy do I not like it. haha
    Sadly though it is more comforting hearing that I am not the only one.
    I am just going to focus on cardio.

Thanks for all the support