Anyone have success with Insanity?

Options
13»

Replies

• xonikitashafferxo
    xonikitashafferxo Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes I did :)

Here is a link to my results with it along with P90X and Asylum :)
    http://youtu.be/nTefXPYEY7E

wow, you're video showed AMAZING results!!
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options

wow, you're video showed AMAZING results!!

your***
  • jfk73
    jfk73 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did P90X then Insanity.........both programs work great but you need at least an hour a day 6 days a week for both of those. If your diet is not perfect then forget about it, you wont get ripped......Even Tony Horton always says abs are made in the kitchen. I feel diet is 90% of the equation. I have had a different mindset lately and haved moved to short interval (10 s on 20 s off) with great results in a 1/3 the time. If you are working out more than 30 min either weights or cardio then you are working out too long. I will always revisit Shaun T and Tony Horton but never for my everyday workout. Also make sure to protect your joints because you are jumping around alot. I developed a rather sore knee whiched proved hard to heal up...did alot of workouts late last year with a knee brace on. If you can commit the time, stay true to the diet, and go at your own pace (form before ego), then you will do well.
  • Chevitz
    Options
    My hubby and I are starting Insanity tonight. I also ordered 30 day shred.
    Any pics and/or results would be awesome!!

I just posted my 1 month before & after shots of INSANITY... I have another month to go, but there's definite improvement!! It's here in the Success Stories Board...
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options
    My hubby and I are starting Insanity tonight. I also ordered 30 day shred.
    Any pics and/or results would be awesome!!

I just posted my 1 month before & after shots of INSANITY... I have another month to go, but there's definite improvement!! It's here in the Success Stories Board...

wow, what a difference. What kind of diet have you been doing?
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think I will try this after I finish 30DS .... bumping
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I completed it at Xmas!! I am now doing The Asylum, I LOVED Insanity!!! I didn't lose any weight or inches, BUT the unexpected bonus for me was getting toned legs when I didn't expect to, I HATE doing legs but with Insanity you are forced to do them!! this was the hardest workout physically and mentally, I would HIGHLY recommend it! good luck and enjoy! xx
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just did the fit test a little bit ago and i feel like a noodle now

I'm doing insanity now. I'm on day 30 today (recovery week!). I started with 0 fitness and just pushed myself to go as far and as hard as I could. the first 28 days I lost 8.9 lbs and couple inches of my waist and belly. I didn't measure my hips though. But, I def notice my clothes fitting better.

But, after the first fit test I literally laid on the floor for like 15 min dying and then went and got in the shower and laid there for like 30 min. I was so sore. But, I am no longer sore and my fit test results have improved drastically!
  • jenniejoy07
    jenniejoy07 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am over 200 lbs and i'm in my second week of insanity.....i started with Zumba for about two weeks to get my cardio up. Now that i have started i am loving it. I might can't keep up with everyone in the video but you will notice in the video even they have a hard time sometimes. Just push yourself as much as you can and don't be afraid to stop if necessary. Once i am done i will be sure to share my results. If you are not in shape dont be scared once you are in you will love the workout and see your strength grow. REMEMBER DIG DEEP as Shaun T says!!

I started Zumba before too. It looks easy when I watch it and then I do it and it's no joke. I did high intensity zumba and i did fine. Insanity is kicking my a**. I am on day 3 today and I am so sore. I couldn't sleep that well last night. Maybe a bath will work?! Anyone with advice for soreness lol
    I was digging as deep as I could. I wanted to quit, but I didn't and I don't plan on it. My hubby is in better shape than I am and he said that I dug deeper than he did which is amazing.

I was only sore the first 3-4 days. After that my soreness was all gone.
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options
    i am about to start the recovery week and i have so far lost 12lbs... i think thats pretty good concidering i havent even finished out the month yet. my clothes fits bigger and this may sound dumb but ull notice a difference when u wrap ur towel around urself after the workout and shower. same towel i could barely fit around myself. feels good for one month results

my advice, like i tell my wife, if u cant keep up witht the video dont just stand there do something! dont just wait there till the next excercise. ex:doing squats and cant finish it out start to sprint in place untill he moves on to the next.

dont feel discouraged, the ppl on the video are super fit... shaun t designed it... and all of them take breaks. gl
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options
    i am about to start the recovery week and i have so far lost 12lbs... i think thats pretty good concidering i havent even finished out the month yet. my clothes fits bigger and this may sound dumb but ull notice a difference when u wrap ur towel around urself after the workout and shower. same towel i could barely fit around myself. feels good for one month results

my advice, like i tell my wife, if u cant keep up witht the video dont just stand there do something! dont just wait there till the next excercise. ex:doing squats and cant finish it out start to sprint in place untill he moves on to the next.

dont feel discouraged, the ppl on the video are super fit... shaun t designed it... and all of them take breaks. gl

My husband and i do it together and yesterday he didn't do so good. I tried to push him and told him to just keep moving. He has problems with his foot and I have problems with my knee but I just stick to it and do what I can. He was discouraged yesterday which sucks, hopefully today is better for him.

Good thing is I am not as sore today as the other two days. I will be doing day 4 today and I have already lost a little over 3 pounds.
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!
  • mikechi
    Options

Great video.You are very inspirational.
  • Cmh1211
    Cmh1211 Posts: 104
    Options

My husband and i do it together and yesterday he didn't do so good. I tried to push him and told him to just keep moving. He has problems with his foot and I have problems with my knee but I just stick to it and do what I can. He was discouraged yesterday which sucks, hopefully today is better for him.

Good thing is I am not as sore today as the other two days. I will be doing day 4 today and I have already lost a little over 3 pounds.

i feel his pain... i got run over by a car a year ago biking on the street... my foot is really messed up too... but maybe i can help... what i do is stretch before the workout. u guys already know the stretches more or less. do them before u even start the video and ull see how much easier it is to keep up. it works wonders on ppl with injuries.

also if his foot is the problem, after insanity i take a frozen water bottle and lay it on its side on a carpet or workout matt. then i put the injured foot on the bottle and roll it under my foot from toes to heel... this helps wonders. trust me!
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options

i feel his pain... i got run over by a car a year ago biking on the street... my foot is really messed up too... but maybe i can help... what i do is stretch before the workout. u guys already know the stretches more or less. do them before u even start the video and ull see how much easier it is to keep up. it works wonders on ppl with injuries.

also if his foot is the problem, after insanity i take a frozen water bottle and lay it on its side on a carpet or workout matt. then i put the injured foot on the bottle and roll it under my foot from toes to heel... this helps wonders. trust me!

Ill tell him to try that and see if it work. I couldn't imagine getting run over by a car. How awful. Here in Las Vegas for a few months now people have been getting hit and killed left and right it seems like that's on the news at least once or twice a week.
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred now. I am a little scared of Insanity LOL, but maybe I will try it next!
  • xonikitashafferxo
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 Day Shred now. I am a little scared of Insanity LOL, but maybe I will try it next!

I started 30 day shred today. I am hoping to do insanity and then do the 30 day shred as well.. probably every other day for the 30 days shred. Jillian is AWESOME
  • ziziisheamofo
    Options
    Im joining the marine corp, i need to lose 45 lbs on insanity, in 2 months or 3 months, im 5'1 -.- still 15, planning on joining at 18 oh well and i weigh 170 lbs, my goal is to be like 125:D please answer, will i be able to lose that much pounds on insnaity? this is a picture of my rough weight (not me, just researched and found some one with 5'2 but the same weight lol) http://realgirlmafia.tumblr.com/post/2370723718/in-the-picture-left-164-163lbs-right this is not me btw im african american not hispanic looking
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!