Still sick

Options
:sad: This sucks!!
This is day SEVEN and I am still sick with this chest cold. Thinking of going off to the Dr. today.
I have slacked in the last three days because I just don't CARE when I am ill.
I can't exercise (tried the first few days and almost died) and am laying around coughing.
Ughhhhhhhhh
I just pray that once this is gone I can pick myself back up and carry on......:cry:

Replies

• GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    :sad: This sucks!!
    This is day SEVEN and I am still sick with this chest cold. Thinking of going off to the Dr. today.
    I have slacked in the last three days because I just don't CARE when I am ill.
    I can't exercise (tried the first few days and almost died) and am laying around coughing.
    Ughhhhhhhhh
    I just pray that once this is gone I can pick myself back up and carry on......:cry:
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    u will get back up and start the new day. hope you feel better soon. ihad a cold lasted 3 weeks. i did push myself to exercise though. i could atleast do low impact treadmill without coughing though.
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I hear you, but mine is going on the 3rd week. I am much, much better than when it started. It seemed pretty serious, but the doc said its just a bad virus. Yesterday was only the second time I got out to exercise. Everyone around me has the same thing and it just takes time ot get over.

Hang in there - try to catch up on reading if nothing else!:flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    Options
    I tried doing the elliptical the first few days but was so sick that I felt like I would pass out.
    Now I have the lovely wheeze in my chest and feel pretty bad still, so I am soon heading to the Dr. today.
    Hopefully they give me something to clear this up!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Have you considered pnemonia:frown: not as an option, I mean that your virus may have settled in your lungs? it happened to the girl who works in front of me in the office. she cause my cold, that has a horrible cough and mine was gone in a couple of weeks and she not only still has it but it went into pnemonia. does your back and ribs hurt? are you producing anything when you cough? your body can only do one thing at a time, so be sure to heal before you try to do a hard workout. if you have the option to get to a doc, ask him to do an exray or something. 3 weeks is a long time.
  • happygrumpalump
    happygrumpalump Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am praying you start feeling better soon. (((hugs)))
    I know that when you are feeling better you will be able to pick up where you left off. I have faith in you!
    Until then, take care of yourself and go see a doctor!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :grumble: :sick: :flowerforyou:
  • GinaB30
    Options
    I am praying you start feeling better soon. (((hugs)))
    I know that when you are feeling better you will be able to pick up where you left off. I have faith in you!
    Until then, take care of yourself and go see a doctor!

YAY! Mel is here! =o)
    lol I went to the Dr. and got antibiotics =o)
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Get well soon!

dd
  • GinaB30
    Options
    Still sick, started antibiotics last night and hoping that they kick in SOOOON!!!

Thanks for all the support!
    Today I am trying (despite feeling gross) to eat well and I got some time in on my elliptical, so that's SOMETHING! lol
  • pegaleg
    pegaleg Posts: 10
    Options
    **** ..............I just logged in my last weeks food... I have been sick bad cough, for a week . I have been drinking a lot of fluids, Grape juice... Wrong:noway: ..... tons of calories....