cracker barrel

Options
I thought I would find info on-line but no luck!
Went out with friends and had the baked broccoli and beef. It looked about 3-4 oz beef, broccoli and pepper and onions---maybe half a cup of rice and a few tbsp of what sauce?

Anybody have any clues ---I have called them but they are too busy to look it up. I thought all restaurants(at least CHAIN restaurants) had a book for nutritional values---or at least have it available on-line.

I ordered the only thing that didn't come smothered in cheese!!! I hope under 500 calories!

Replies

• tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I thought I would find info on-line but no luck!
    Went out with friends and had the baked broccoli and beef. It looked about 3-4 oz beef, broccoli and pepper and onions---maybe half a cup of rice and a few tbsp of what sauce?

Anybody have any clues ---I have called them but they are too busy to look it up. I thought all restaurants(at least CHAIN restaurants) had a book for nutritional values---or at least have it available on-line.

I ordered the only thing that didn't come smothered in cheese!!! I hope under 500 calories!
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Did you try www.calorieking.com?
  • AshBear
    AshBear Posts: 63
    Options
    I've worked there before and they cook everything on the grill with lots of butter :(
    As for the sauce...I'm not sure..
  • tennetubbie
    Options

checked this site first---not there--unless--and this is entirely possible I am blind---I do get blindness attacks quite often===lol
  • tennetubbie
    Options
    I've worked there before and they cook everything on the grill with lots of butter :(
    As for the sauce...I'm not sure..

oh great!!!! So much for BAKED broccoli and beef
  • tennetubbie
    Options

nope---I'll look there!!! Thanks!
  • tennetubbie
    Options
    oh NO!!! It's GRILLED broccoli and Beef---this is NOT going to be good. I called CB and they don't keep a manual
    guess I'll give myself 600 calories and swim 2 hours tomorrow---darn!!!!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    This is the best I could find, I think it's terrible that they don't offer more to the consumer then what I was able to find, the grilled chicken can't be all that bad though.

Is nutritional information available for your menu items?
    Here at Cracker Barrel, we pride ourselves on using recipes and ingredients that are authentic, genuine, and of the highest quality available. We strive to prepare and present these food items to you in a way that upholds those authentic traditions of days gone by.
    Cracker Barrel certainly understands the health-conscious concerns that some of our guests have. While we are unable to give you any exact calorie or fat content information, the following choices may help you in your selection:

Turkey sausage is offered as an alternative to regular sausage.
    Entree salads are available on the menu.
    Grilled Chicken and Grilled Fish are available as meat selections for Country Dinner Plates.
    Promise® spread is available as an alternative to butter.
    Egg Beaters® are available on the breakfast menu and can be substituted on any breakfast at no additional charge.
    Oatmeal is available on the menu.
    Apple Bran Muffins are available as a bread choice.
    Decaffeinated Hot Tea and Coffee are available as additional beverages.
    Fresh Bananas and Raisins are available.
    Low Fat Milk and Skim Milk are available.
    Our orange juice, grapefruit juice, and apple cider are all pure, with no additives or added sugars.
    Special K, Wheaties, and Cheerios are included in our dry cereal offering.
    Fat Free Thousand Island, Fat Free Ranch, Fat Free Honey Mustard, and Fat Free Italian dressings are available.
    Sweet & Low, Splenda and Equal are available on each table.
    Low Calorie Fruit Spread is available.
    Sugar Free Maple Syrup is available.
    Diet Root Beer as well as Diet Coke are available.
    Boiled Chicken Tenders are not printed on the menu, but are available upon request.
    No Sugar Added Apple Pie and No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream are available.
    We use 100% Cholesterol Free Soybean Oil for frying.
  • tennetubbie
    Options
    thanks moson girl---I saw this. It was great they had ff honey mustard--and I only used half the pack--my friend and I shared--so 30 calories

I am using 3 oz beef (I said sirloin tips), half cup broccoli, 1/2 onion and pepper and TWO Tbsp butter and 1/4 cup of rice---it was only one grain thick on the bottowm --so not "a bed" ---more like a sheet.

Ended up with 760 calores---those two biscuits---but at least no butter.

I am only over by 160 calories today--so I will walk now for 40 minutes ( 500 calories for 4.5 miles per hour with incline)---and I am sure I will more than make up any miscalculation--as I really think I rounded up for the food.

And I am still going to swim for 2 hours tomorrow!!!

TEN pound to OVERWEIGHT---I really WANT that by end of April--but should be by May 7th
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I think you're pretty darn close, I hate when I have to guesstimate it drives me nuts...good luck on your weight loss!
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options

nope---I'll look there!!! Thanks!

You welcome, anytime!:flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Here is a really good website that has alot of resturants on there. Its Dotty's weightloss Zone. I found it when i was doing weight watchers.

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

I think cracker barrel is on there...hth's:flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Dottie's a really cool site!
    thanks.