30DS issue with JM

2»

Replies

• foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Ha! Saying Jillian Michael's isn't in very good shape is absolutely ridiculous.

Just because she doesn't have defined abs doesn't mean she isn't in shape, not everyone wants to maintain a low bf% so they can show their abs.

You're out of your mind if you don't think her body is defined.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Plus, just cause you look awesome, doesn't necessarily mean you are in the best shape. Everyone's body is built do differently...
  • jennytree
    jennytree Posts: 195 Member
    I quite like her voice too - find it very tolerable except when she mentions Jumping Jacks. Thats when I wanna kick her in the gee!

She also calls Natalie out with the cheating in level 2 which is funny. I find she's sometimes sarcastic and it makes it a bit more entertaining to follow (for me anyway!)
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Personally, I need someone like Jullian yelling at me, so she doesn't bother me. But, if I'm having a bad day and feel like punching her, I just slip in my ipod and use my own music while watching them and doing the exercises.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    She is instructing the video, that would be a bit difficult beeing out of breath from maxing every exercise. And its also a beginner workout, no wonder its not as difficult as the ones you do on your own, its suppose to target a huge audience in all shapes and sizes, not to mention condition wise.
  • MndaLynn
    MndaLynn Posts: 26 Member
    I love Jillian!! I think her body is awesome in 30 Day Shred. It is five times more awesome in Ripped in 30...if that is even possible! Her voice does not bother me at all, and there is just something about her that keeps me going. It might be how she keeps telling me that she has 400 pound people that can do it, and so can I. I love the mix or cardio, weights, and abs. Sorry you don't like her...but there is something out there for everyone.
  • Personally, I need someone like Jullian yelling at me, so she doesn't bother me. But, if I'm having a bad day and feel like punching her, I just slip in my ipod and use my own music while watching them and doing the exercises.

Great idea. You get the workout, which, like I said I have no issue with, but you don't have to hear her!
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    I'm with the other girl that said she doesn't like peppy cheerleader voices. Can't stand that. I love Jillian's deeper voice. I do, however, greatly dislike how uncomfortable she is in front of the camera. It's not natural at all. Especially in the intro (that you can't freakin' skip) where she appears to be looking at you with her nostrils. So disturbing.
    Some of her banter is annoying, but every time I tell myself that I'm going to mute it and play music, I remember how awesome her cues are. Like during that last round of abs, where she says that knot in your tummy is your body reacting to you pushing it and getting stronger - it totally works for me.
    I just wish she was more natural in her delivery. Maybe she needs a few 'students' behind the camera guy to be drilling.
  • I'm with the other girl that said she doesn't like peppy cheerleader voices. Can't stand that. I love Jillian's deeper voice. I do, however, greatly dislike how uncomfortable she is in front of the camera. It's not natural at all. Especially in the intro (that you can't freakin' skip) where she appears to be looking at you with her nostrils. So disturbing.
    Some of her banter is annoying, but every time I tell myself that I'm going to mute it and play music, I remember how awesome her cues are. Like during that last round of abs, where she says that knot in your tummy is your body reacting to you pushing it and getting stronger - it totally works for me.
    I just wish she was more natural in her delivery. Maybe she needs a few 'students' behind the camera guy to be drilling.

You hit the nail on the head! It's so contrived! Like her sarcastic remarks are scripted or something. Like in the beginning when she's like "Come one, ladies! Chop, chop!" But it's so not authentic. If she didn't speak during the video, I don't think I'd have any problem with her.
  • janegalt37
    Oh, an Anita's abs are too exposed for my tastes. I don't like the look of super-low body fat - on a woman or a man. But especially on a woman. Hard on the inside, soft on the outside. That's my goal. (Just a thin layer of soft, though. lol )
  • janegalt37
    I'm with the other girl that said she doesn't like peppy cheerleader voices. Can't stand that. I love Jillian's deeper voice. I do, however, greatly dislike how uncomfortable she is in front of the camera. It's not natural at all. Especially in the intro (that you can't freakin' skip) where she appears to be looking at you with her nostrils. So disturbing.

You hit the nail on the head! It's so contrived! Like her sarcastic remarks are scripted or something. Like in the beginning when she's like "Come one, ladies! Chop, chop!" But it's so not authentic. If she didn't speak during the video, I don't think I'd have any problem with her.

I agree, except for the great cues and 'pushes' she sometimes gives.
    But really, have you seen Tony Horton in front of a camera? That guy is a natural. He is so comfortable and funny and so great at cues. And he even has the ability to tone it down for the P90 stretch video that I do after every workout. He modulates his voice so it's soothing and still awesomely instructional. Guy's really talented, is what I'm saying. The only reason I'm not jumping back into his programs is I have to make sure my stupid shoulder and stupid knee are willing, but that's my ultimate goal. I have P90X sitting right next to me, just waiting.
    Then Jillian will take a hike forever. Means to an end, my friend.
    And yes, I do punch her every time. But she's pretty good, when you get right down to it.
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    :wink: As a trainer...that which you put out into the Universe...judging Jillian...is going to be coming your way in the future. Just saying :wink:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    She does annoy me at times but her dvds have really helped me. I find her especially annoying in Ripped in 30.