I really overdid it today on my eating

Options
Oh friends, I feel so bad about how much I ate today. We ate lunch at an Indian buffet so of course I overate there and tonight we had a family get together and I over indulged, complete with cake and ice cream. It is that time of month so I've been craving the sweets more than ever and now my stomach feels so swollen and bloated. I always beat myself up after I eat like this and the ugly thoughts of gaining all this weight back come into my head. I exercised today pretty hard but am having some knee pains that I haven't had before so I'm kind of depressed. I just have to do better tomorrow I guess. Thanks for letting me vent. :frown:

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Oh friends, I feel so bad about how much I ate today. We ate lunch at an Indian buffet so of course I overate there and tonight we had a family get together and I over indulged, complete with cake and ice cream. It is that time of month so I've been craving the sweets more than ever and now my stomach feels so swollen and bloated. I always beat myself up after I eat like this and the ugly thoughts of gaining all this weight back come into my head. I exercised today pretty hard but am having some knee pains that I haven't had before so I'm kind of depressed. I just have to do better tomorrow I guess. Thanks for letting me vent. :frown:
  • bathedinshadow
    bathedinshadow Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Guys just don't know how lucky they are not having those cravings every month. They are SO strong for some people.

One day isn't going to ruin everything you know. :drinker:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I am terrible around that time also, BUT very good the rest of the time. At least you got in a great hard workout today! Thats a big plus!! Log it all in your journal if you can.

Tomorrow is a new day...and Im sure you'll fine :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Remember it not one meal every once in a while that messes us up. It is continually eating big calorie mealsday after day. At least you had a good time with your family. :flowerforyou:
  • nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Oh Sweetie!!

You have come so far and accomplished so much, I don't think that this will do any harm.
    As long as you know it was "wrong" and not to continue down that path, Im sure tomorrow will be a better day.
    Believe me, I know!! I feel like so guilty and see the fat growing on me after 3 cookies.
    i just work my *kitten* off the next day.

Plus....I think you DESERVE IT!!!!! Congrats on your weight loss:flowerforyou:
  • closet0modern
    Options
    don't be so hard on yourself, you gotta treat yourself every now and then... i had a big juicy meatball sub today haha
    p.s. your dog is adorable! as soon as im done school and i move out im getting a pug :)
  • Caelestis
    Options
    Everyone else is right! Don't think of it as messing up for a day, think of it as celebrating a special occaision (with cake and ice cream, it sounds like celebrating!). Special occasions are just that: special. It isn't every day, and it isn't all the time. Indulging once in a while has actually been shown to be REALLY GOOD for people who are trying to loose weight, because it makes it feel not so much like dieting but like a real lifestyle change that they (we) can stick to! Today happened; I bet it was fun. You worked out, and you'll be back to normal tomorrow, and that's fine. Don't beat yourself up about one off day, because that can make you feel like "what's the point, I already screwed up," and lead to more indulging. Rather be happy that you had something to celebrate with people that you care about. Because really, I'm new to the site and I'm so impressed with how well everyone is doing and how much everyone cares about getting healthy! It's awesome. :bigsmile:
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    I just got on to record how I over did it at dinner tonight.:grumble: I saw your post and thought, How did she know? :huh: I guess we both can get right back to what is right tomorrow. Although I am going to take the kids for a walk right now before it gets dark. :heart: You have done great thus far, do not let one day tear you down. That is all that it is one day out of many, many, successful ones.:flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Oh honey please,,, relax. You gotta live.

You're at goal? You've lost 42 pounds? Well that's worth an ice cream sunday any day :happy:

I was weighing myself every day and fretting every time I piled a little back on and just generally getting upset over it. Then I realized something...

I am not on a diet. Diets end. I have made a change in my lifestyle that I will maintain. At one time I weighed 270 pounds. That's way too much. Today I weigh 236 pounds, which is still too much, but light years better than where I was. I sleep better, I feel better, I have 10 times the stamina I had (Literally - 10 times. Measured).

So - I have already succeeded. I had hoped to get to 210 pounds by my birthday July 7th. Well I relaxed. I might make it, I might not. But even when I screw up a day I'm still doing fine - and if I hit 210 on August 7, well that's Ok too. I already won, and I'm not going back to where I was, and one slippy day isn't going to screw me up.

It isn't going to screw you up either. You know how to control your weight - you've proven that. If you put 3 pounds back on you'll peel 'em right back off.

Relax - It's Ok. We're all pulling for you. :smile:
  • CKrasniqi
    Options
    I also ate Indian food which is hard to calculate, but it made me feel sick so I am hoping I lost a pound or two!
  • Summerrain
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! lol I over ate as well... and like you... was with family. That tends to happen so easily when you're with people and food... the two go together well but can result badly. I definitley overate especially for breakfast when we went to a restuarant... downed 4 biscuits with eggs, juice, granola, milk, sargum, bacon... you name it! I'm not even going to begin to say what i had for lunch and dinner... So don't feel too bad, we just have to learn to control ourselves especially at get togethers
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thank you so much. this is honestly just what I needed.
    You all completely understand and we are all in this together. :heart:
    It is really hard sometimes to see myself as the new me and not the chubby girl that hid behind the baggy clothes that were outdated. In all honesty, even though I have finally met my goal, the fear of gaining the weight back is always there and I don't know if that is normal or not.
    I need to learn to not beat myself up over a pound or two and weight fluctuations because I know that it's normal. It's hard though and works on me mentally sometimes.
    Thanks again so much
  • tifmm301
    tifmm301 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    can i vent too??? OMG! I totally doubled my recommended caloric intake yesterday... i was stuck in the car on a road trip so i didnt get a chance to work out, and my friend stopped at a fast food place and i was like YUMMY! apparently a bacon ultimate cheeseburger is equal to my total daily calories. what the hell was i thinking?
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat as you are!!! I have in laws in town who love to go out for lunch and dinners, plus i have two birthday parties this weekend.. OMG!!! Im going to have to kick my butt back in gear on monday!!!
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    Everyone goes through an occasional day of eating too much, and I, too had my "cheat" day today, with an outing with family and friends to a local brewery tour, and then to a treat that I don't have too often... a good, authentic mexican restaurant... (in my city, these are right down from the brewery!) But, I had a lot of fun, and only ate half of my portion, taking the rest home to enjoy another day. Still a lot of calories (and I haven't logged the beers I tasted yet) but I did take a walk with my dog this afternoon and did a little other exercise.

Like many, many have said, don't beat yourself up on one day.... this is a lifestyle change and celebrations and outings happen. Tomorrow is a new day to start fresh!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Like a lot have said, don't let one day beat you up. One thing I always say is "Life get's in the way of being perfect all the time". The important thing is not letting it become the norm again. It wasn't one day or meal that made you gain weight. It was making that the norm. You are aware of what you did and have done such a great job!! Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:

And being pregnant, I can understand about cravings!!! I get to have them until September!! :laugh:

Luckily, so far...my cravings have been cereal, fruit and smoothies!! Let's hope it stays that way! :wink:

-Tam
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    don't worry about it, one day isn't going to make or break you :flowerforyou: These last 3 weeks have been so trying for me! I've been so sick, and am on my second round of antibiotics now (for 2 different things). It's really hard to keep counting, and I have just been trying to do maintenance. You look great and one day of overdoing it isn't going to change that, just try not to make a habit of it :wink: :flowerforyou:

ps- tam you look great! The baby bump is coming along nicely!