Ladies.. what about gear for the larger "girls"

Options
I went bra shopping today at See Jane Run and was NOT that impressed with their selection for bras for larger busts. Do any of you ladies with larger girls have suggestions for a great compression bra for DD cups and larger? I don't mind spending $50 bucks for a GOOD supportive bra. I jog mostly so need something that will keep the in place.

Replies

• jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myliljunebugs
    myliljunebugs Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought my sports bra at Lane Bryant. They seem to carry a good selection of larger bust sizes.
  • ImaLadyBiker
    Options
    I needed serious compression to prevent a head injury.... Seriously, nothing allowed me to run or jump without having to hold myself. I saw the Enell bra on Oprah. I found a place (Scheels) that sold them. They are not adjustable and they have hook and eyes that run up the front. The first time I tried one on, it took my girlfriend and me stuffing and tucking and trying to latch the hooks. We definitely raised a ruckus in the changing room with all our giggling and carrying on!!

Once I got the hang of putting it on, I LOVE it! Hook the bottom hook, then the top hook, and then every one in between. Check out enell.com.

Good luck!!
  • lisaidem
    lisaidem Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've purchased at Just My Size, online. I don't have big jubblies, but they do carry a large range of sizes. And they currently are having a 40% off sale. Can't beat that.
  • bellinghamtori
    Options
    I got a Moving Comfort sports bra at a local runners store. Its double cupped and very secure. Have lost enough weight I had to go down a size. Their not cheap, $50, but I believe well worth it.
  • Boulder_ME
    Options
    I got both the 7 wonders & 3 reasons (I guess I was in a numeric mood) bras from title nine. I like them both. The 7 wonders is incredibly supportive. 3 reasons is somewhat less supportive, still fine for running, and easier to get off when it's all sweaty. Both avoid mono-boob as much as I imagine you can w/o an under wire. Contrary to some reviews on the title nine site both do have adjustable straps, and I anticipate they'll fit for longer than a straight compression bra would as I was sure to buy a band-size that fit on the largest hooks.

I used to use 2 sports bras or a compression sports bra over an under wire bra--not at all comfortable, and when I went that way again recently in a pinch I was pretty miserable.

They're expensive, but so worth. And aside from getting to be too big ;), they last forever if you wash them by hand.

You also gotta love Title Nine's new mini store--"Bounce--For your girls from the gals at Title Nine" :)
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What does "Bump" mean or stand for?
  • tapiagonzalez
    tapiagonzalez Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump

:huh:
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Really great timing - I just discovered "Olga" - a brand of bras I had never heard of. I purchased 3 different styles of Olga bras. Of the three, I'm most fond of the Signature Support Satin bra, but it doesn't have any padding to protect you from showing through if you get cold. So my second favorite is the "Disappearing Act Underwire T-shirt Bra." I cannot express enough how thankful I am to have found these. The straps are wide and don't bite into my shoulder. They stay up and never fall off my shoulder. The underwires do not make me shift or contort to get them into a comfortable position. As long as they make these bras, I'll buy them. And the great thing is, they aren't expensive! At least, not on Amazon!
  • jldaley09
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I did try the Enell and dint like it much. I was looking at the ones on Title 9 and am thinking they might work. I really like a compression style and I tried a few of the other moving comfort ones and didn't think they had as much support. Right now I have been just doubling up on bras.

BTW bumb is just a way to get the post to move to the top again so people will see it and respond.. if you wait too long with no responses then the post gets LOST
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options

"Bring up my post" - a quick way to add the topic to your profile so you can come back to it.
  • yesthistime
    Options
    BTW bumb is just a way to get the post to move to the top again so people will see it and respond.. if you wait too long with no responses then the post gets LOST

This, too :)
  • jldaley09
    Options

"Bring up my post" - a quick way to add the topic to your profile so you can come back to it.

awesome.. and here i never knew it really "stood" for something haha thanks
  • yesthistime
    Options
    Oh yeah I forgot to answer the question lol. I am super cheap sometimes so I go Walmart and get the Fruit of the Loom 3-pack of sports bras and just wear two or three of them together, depending on how much support I need at the time. They are cute layered and functional at about $10 for the 3-pack.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Champion has some pretty decent compression sport bras and they have larger sizes!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say really because options are limited by your size. I wear an H/I cup, and there are practically no sports options for them, but I do know that there are a couple options nowadays. I have this same issue trying to find a decent swimsuit. Good luck, I sure hope I can get some info too ;)
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like that girls is in "quotes". =]
  • runnergrace
    runnergrace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The "Tata Tamer" from lululemon is popular for large busts, I believe they have a few bras designed for chesty ladies
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm not huge (34 D) but I've still always had a hard time finding an exercise bra that was supportive. In fact, until now I've always worn 2 when doing anything with impact. But I recently order a bra from Amazon and I love it. It's comfortable, and keeps the girls in line while I do Zumba. And it doesn't look like I've got an Ace bandage wrappy around my chest under my t-shirt. I've just ordered 2 more!

There are many positive reviews from bustier women. Here is the link, if you you'd like to check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001B1PL1A/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I wear a DD and I really like the Under Armor compression bras. They hold me in, get the sweat off, and are supportive at the same time.