Potato Pancakes

Options
LosingIt4good
LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
Still on my own for dinner tonight so I just cooked some chicken on the grill.

Made these to go with it... yum yum yum!

Potato Pancakes

1 large red potato (grated)
2 tbsp italian bread crumbs (could use flour or ground up fiber one also)
1 egg
2 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp milk

Mix the grated tater with all the other ingredients. Spray a frying pan with non-stick spray.
Heat over medium high and make 3 good sized pancakes in the pan. Cover with lid and let cook for a few minutes until browned on bottom, flip and let cook a few more minutes until other side is browned. Flip again and add about 1/8th of a cup of water to the pan with the pancakes. Cover and let simmer until the water evaporates. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Serve with a dallop of fat free sour cream.

Calories: 92 per pancake

Replies

• LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Still on my own for dinner tonight so I just cooked some chicken on the grill.

Made these to go with it... yum yum yum!

Potato Pancakes

1 large red potato (grated)
    2 tbsp italian bread crumbs (could use flour or ground up fiber one also)
    1 egg
    2 green onions, chopped
    2 tbsp milk

Mix the grated tater with all the other ingredients. Spray a frying pan with non-stick spray.
    Heat over medium high and make 3 good sized pancakes in the pan. Cover with lid and let cook for a few minutes until browned on bottom, flip and let cook a few more minutes until other side is browned. Flip again and add about 1/8th of a cup of water to the pan with the pancakes. Cover and let simmer until the water evaporates. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Serve with a dallop of fat free sour cream.

Calories: 92 per pancake
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    This sounds really good. :wink: I copied it so I could try it. :happy: Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. :wink: I copied it so I could try it. :happy: Thanks :flowerforyou:

YUM !!! I'LL HAVE TO MAKE THESE!!!
  • FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    My family makes tons of these on special occasions and call them latkes. I like mine with ketchup. Mmm. :bigsmile: Though, our recipe usually includes a lot of Crisco and frying. nice to see a healthier version. TY for post.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Sounds Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to try these!!!!!!!!!!