Options

Replies

• OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    One word .... ~ AMAZING ~
  • roadrunner32
    Options
    It feels like taking a ride into a roller-coaster but I ALWAYS make sure he's next to me so I can squeeze his....hand!
    After 14 years of marriage and 4 wonderful children , he's still the one I run to / from, he's my soul mate, the best friend someone can ever have.
    Love you darling! x
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Feels like I'm my best ME around him. Like coming home.

It's been 4.5ish years and I was sad when the butterfly feeling went away, but it was replaced by much better, long-lasting feelings. He's my best friend and the biggest pain in my *kitten*. I wouldn't trade what we have for anything, even on the days when it seems like choking him is the best plan. :)
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    :huh:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Sounds corny, but it feels complete. Like I'm not whole when he's gone. We've spent some seriously long times apart due to his job, and while I lived my life, went to work, took care of business, etc, a part of me was always missing. The butterflies are nice, but when you've been with someone long enough to feel like they are truly a part if you, that is what it's all about :heart:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I will let you know if I ever am lucky enough for it to find me.:smile:

^ This.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    *shrug* I really don't remember.
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    As I said to my girlfriend in the first month of going out with her, my definition:

"Love is putting up with other people's crap."

Going on six years, it's still true.
  • stevevldz
    Options
    love is the uncontrollable absence of reason, you do so in spite of knowing better :-)
  • mbriscoe79
    mbriscoe79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Safe
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    It's acceptance without condemnation. It not minding compromise. It's knowing that when you're together it's all been worth it. Agreements and disagreements. 54 years and counting.:heart:

Oh, and don't ever forget commitment.:flowerforyou:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    It's acceptance without condemnation. It not minding compromise. It's knowing that when you're together it's all been worth it. Agreements and disagreements. 54 years and counting.:heart:

Oh, and don't ever forget commitment.:flowerforyou:

That's the voice of experience! Thank you for sharing :smile:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    Some kind of mental disorder.
    squishy.
    squishy mental disorder with a whole lot of :
    :bigsmile:
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Couldn't tell u it's been too long
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Comfortable.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Like chicken...everything either feels or taste like chicken.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    testing.

Oh wow, i've been on mfp one year. oh snap.

::::Ok, back to the scheduled psychoanalysis about what it feels like to be in love:::
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    It feels like tiny little butterflies in your tummy when he holds your hand. it makes you feel nervous, confused, happy, sad, excited, hot, out of breath and on the edge for the next moment you have with them. Its when you can have arguements and just know that no matter what you will always be together. Its when you don't say things to hurt them because their pain is your pain. It's truly the beginning of the most amazing journey you will ever go on, the best book you could ever read. It's real and I hope you all find it.

This is it exactly (27 years and counting)
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Sounds corny, but it feels complete. Like I'm not whole when he's gone. We've spent some seriously long times apart due to his job, and while I lived my life, went to work, took care of business, etc, a part of me was always missing. The butterflies are nice, but when you've been with someone long enough to feel like they are truly a part if you, that is what it's all about :heart:

This. We've been married for 22 years this May, & for most of the time he's worked away, sometimes for long periods. I still get collywobbles when he comes home.:heart:
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It feels like tiny little butterflies in your tummy when he holds your hand. it makes you feel nervous, confused, happy, sad, excited, hot, out of breath and on the edge for the next moment you have with them. Its when you can have arguements and just know that no matter what you will always be together. Its when you don't say things to hurt them because their pain is your pain. It's truly the beginning of the most amazing journey you will ever go on, the best book you could ever read. It's real and I hope you all find it.

Extremely well put...all of that