Problems with PT40 working properly. Ideas?

Options
I've had my PT4 HRM since last June and it's been fine until recently. It will just totally give inaccurate numbers...either it doesn't seem to register my heart rate or it's WAY too high (in the 200+ range). I know it's not accurate because I don't exercise that hard!!! I'd probably be passed out if I did! :) This weekend, I paused it in the middle of a walk (because we stopped for breakfast) and then continued it for the walk back to the hotel. On the way back, low and behold it was working properly. ???

Anyway, I have replaced the battery in both the watch and the strap. I washed the strap. I make sure to wet it before I apply it. Any other ideas? I can't believe that this should only have a 6 month life-span.

Thanks for any ideas you have!!

Replies

• jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    How tight do you wear your strap? I have a Polar FT4 and it works best when i wear the strap really tight. Also I've heard that the strap can get damaged in a washing machine or dryer, so if you washed it in there, that could be the problem too. Hope you can get it fixed!
  • skittles12345
    skittles12345 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I will try to put it on tighter tomorrow morning when I work out. It's 'snug' but I wouldn't call tight.

As for the washing, this was (embarressed to say) the first time that I had washed it in the washing machine...so while that might be contributing to it, it was acting up before hand. :)

Thanks for the tip.
  • skittles12345
    skittles12345 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Darn...tighening the belt didn't work this morning. I will continue trying to figure this out! :)