Apple cider Vinegar before meals

Options
2»

Replies

• AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I am just wondering if anyone has taken the apple cider vinegar before meals to help with weight loss and if it helped ??? I know there is capsules and the liquid ... which one works better ???
    Works better for what?
    Douching, perhaps?
  • mncardiojunkie
    mncardiojunkie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I use Braggs apple cider vinegar to get rid of water weight, especially during TOM. This was trick during the first diet I did when I was 16 and I lost about 100 pounds on it.

Formula that I use is (that was given to me from Diet Center), 1 T of ACV, 1 T lemon juice in a cup of warm water in the morning and before bed time.

It seems to work for that. There's also a ton of claims on their web site, if you care to take a look.

Best of luck to you.

Marie
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Not sure about weight loss.. and I haven't read many of the other posts, but it does give your skin a bit of a warmer tone. I have taken about 2 TBSP in one sitting a couple times and I seemed to glow. Not sure if it works for everyone though.
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It does help your body detox.
    Detox? The body does an excellent job of "cleansing" itself. Just treat it right and it will treat you right. There is no "cleanse" as effective as simply eating well.

"The best way to 'detox' the body is simply to let your body do its job. Unless you have a medical problem, your body takes care of itself quite nicely, experts say.

"The liver and kidneys are nature's best-kept secret, because they are the weapons to eliminate toxins from your body," says Gerbstadt. "If you are concerned about certain substances in your diet, it is easier and safer to simply eliminate [those substances] rather than engage in unhealthy detox plans."

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=64306
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/detox-diets-purging-myths

Ouch!! thanks doc... :tongue:
  • trappmaker
    Options
    If you take apple cider vinegar, you must use the unfiltered, organic (with the "mother") for it to be effective. You mix one Tablespoon with about 8 oz of water and drink it down before each meal (3x per day).

I started taking it this week and I have lost 4 lbs since just a few days ago. I have also limited my calorie consumption to 1200 and been on the elliptical for an hour every day for the past 3 days (burning 500-569 calories depending on level and speed).

I have been eating 6 times per day to try to increase my metabolism, and I do strength training 4-5 days per week as well.

Before this week (when I started counting calories, changed my workout to include 500 calorie cardio and started consuming ACV 3x per day) I was stuck on a plateau. I weighed 138 lbs on Monday, 137.5 on wednesday, and 134 today (Thursday). I do believe the ACV helps with breakdown of stubborn belly fat. I plan to continue my plan for 6-8 weeks or untill I hit my goal weight (then I will be reducing the cardio OR increasing my calorie consumption!)

hope this helps. I personally highly recommend the apple cider vinegar. It really isnt so bad. Plus it curbs my appetite and makes me not feel hungry or have cravings!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    The "mother" is simply the colony of acetobacter which converted the ethanol to acetic acid. You only need the mother if you plan to make more vinegar.
  • fballchick66
    fballchick66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I take a apple cider vinegar drink 2x daily. 4TBS with 12oz water. I've lost 20lbs since I started two months ago :)