TMI Women: Bleeding after hard workout?

Options
I've on my second round of Turbofire, and after my workout, I realized I had spotted a ton right after I was done. First time this has happened. I had nothing else until now and I am doing a bit more this evening. Its day 13 of my cycle. Anyone else have this?

Replies

• teepuppylove
    teepuppylove Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have spotted after working out, but only right before my period or right after. If it happens again maybe give your gyno a call!
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    after ANY hardcore workout I get this every time! especially core training or ab work.... I talked to my doc and he said it is not normal... and he referred me to Gyno... now I just need to find one!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    That sounds bad. Go to a doctor!
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    Hi,
    This does happen to me on occasion. I was pretty sure it coincided with my ovulation (albeit quite late as ovulations go) and my cycles indicated this. Apparently this does happen for some women.
    However, last Friday I went for a run not expecting my period for another two days and not ovulating. After my run I had quite bad 'period' pain and I was spotting. I also had a bad case of the runs, but I don't think these were connected. My period hasn't come. I usually wouldn't be too worried because I was never, ever regular when I was very overweight. But since November (about a month into eating much better) I starting getting pretty much perfect 28 day cycles. So I am thinking I might mention this to my GP when I go next.
    On the other hand, my mum said that she often got severe period pain if she ran (she was a cross country runner as a teen) just before or in first couple of days of her period. But again, I didn't end up getting my period. I'm still waiting for it, in fact. Grrr.
    I'd just check in with your GP to see.
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Day 13 of your period is a bit excessive. Give your doctor a call or maybe a nurse line to see if you should be concerned. Better safe than sorry.