Hello Gorgeous!

Options
Hi, My name is Maria and I joined today. I have been (legitimately) trying to lose weight over the last 19 months and have managed to lose 25 lbs. I started at 217 and am currently at 192. My goal is 150 before the end of the year. I've been pretty good about working out - now I need to work on my eating habits, though I have kicked a few already :-). This website seems like it has the potential to help me get off my 5 month plateau. Here's to new beginnings.

Cheers,

~Maria~

Replies

• Happy_Taco
    Happy_Taco Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Maria and I joined today. I have been (legitimately) trying to lose weight over the last 19 months and have managed to lose 25 lbs. I started at 217 and am currently at 192. My goal is 150 before the end of the year. I've been pretty good about working out - now I need to work on my eating habits, though I have kicked a few already :-). This website seems like it has the potential to help me get off my 5 month plateau. Here's to new beginnings.

Cheers,

~Maria~
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Welcome Maria,

This is the place for you to get all the support you need. I managed to get 23 pounds of last year. I was good at the calorie part, but not the exercise. Now I am working on the exercise and that seems to be helping. The support on the site is tremendous.

:flowerforyou: Kathy
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Welcome Maria! You will enjoy this site. Logging your food and drinking the water really helps me to stay on track. Good luck.
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria, :flowerforyou:

I joined approximately a month ago. Before I joined I struggled with losing weight for years, never getting anywhere. I joined all kinds a programs but nothing worked. Since I have joined, I have lost over 5 kilos (please dont ask me how many pounds that is).

I think the main reasons were -
    I have stopped pretending that my calorie count is low when really I was eating over 2000 calories per day. Instead of my 1200 calories that I should be eating. AND
    I have been able to read everyone's else posts and I picked up a lot of tips including food and exercise tips. I have brought a polar watch which was talked about in one post.

Therefore this site has helped by knowing what I put in my mouth and how much Calories I burn. I really hope that this site provides the same support to you as I have received.
    :happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    welcome and best of luck to you! I know you will find it much easier to meet your goals with the help of MFP :flowerforyou:
  • maribeld
    maribeld Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You will be successful!!! Just log in your food the day before and you will see results!

You can do it sis!!
  • Happy_Taco
    Happy_Taco Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support! I am going to give it a legitimate try and I'm sure I'll see some results. This is week 1. It's great to see how many people are active on this site. Here's to weight loss! and being healtier! :drinker: <--that's water btw lol

183648.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome MFP, the greatest website ever. You will love it here. I do. I find this site so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Hola, welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:

You will find what you are looking for here