A delicious blend of sugar, wax, and condom lube

Options

Replies

• FitnessGeek
    FitnessGeek Posts: 487
    Options
    I hope to see that post in every alarmist ingredient thread, Songbyrdsweet. :laugh:

While I agree that it sounds quite disgusting, the truth is that you are eating these things just about everywhere. And just because an ingredient has a long name that you don't understand, does not mean that it is dangerous for you. Sure, natural food is better for your body...but that doesn't mean this stuff is poisonous or the equivalent to lube because it contains less than 1% of very common food additives. If you plan to cut out Cool Whip because of these ingredients, you must also cut out many other foods that have the exact same additives.

Foods that also include Polysorbate 60: dill pickles, coffee whiteners/creamers, ice cream/frozen sweets. Works as a replacement for mono and diglycerides (ie: allows them to take trans fat out of their foods).

Foods that contain Sorbitan Monostearate: chocolate, other candies. Another working replacement for mono and diglycerides (ie: allows them to take trans fat out of their foods)

Foods that contain Sodium Caseinate: ice cream, sherbet, dairy creamers. "Casein, the principal protein in milk, is a nutritious protein containing adequate amounts of all the essential amino acids. People who are allergic to casein should read food labels carefully, because the additive is used in some “non-dairy” and “vegetarian” foods." -Food Safety, Center for Science and Public Interest

Foods that contain Sorbitan Monostearate : cake, candy, frozen pudding, icing. (yet another replacement for mono and diglycerides.

I'm not pro-food additives. I just don't think it's a responsible claim to liken Cool Whip to condom lube...but it does get a lot of people to read your post.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Oh it'll be there! It'll be there as long as there will be alarmists! :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

when your instructors and professors pass on information are they being alarmists? When they use examples to help you get the idea, are they being alarmists?

adults can and will continue to eat whatever they want. noone has the right to dictate what another person eats except parents with their young children. Making an informed decsion is all that should be asked of parent or teacher.

This is a health related fitness site, Passing on information regarding a certain food is not being an alarmist. If after reading the ingredients in cool whip you decide to continue eating it, good for you,

My point was to consider using real food and not processed food. If you find that alarming, deal with it.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Love it - thanks for posting... I despise that stuff - I have a friend who is always onto me about making birthday cakes with real butter cream icing, as she sings the praises of Cool Whip (low cal, low sugar) but sadly she's been obese her whole adult life, and battled diabetes, etc, despite eating all this "diet" food that she loves.

Make's you think...
    :flowerforyou:

Well, butter certainly tastes better and besides the closer to straight from the natural source you can get the better, at least our bodies can process the fats in butter, unlike cool whips heart clogging ingredients like palm and coconut oils .

And besides that, what is wrong with cutting out ALL other foods with these ingredients. IF everyone did it would force the marketers and makers of these products to look in another direction.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

when your instructors and professors pass on information are they being alarmists? When they use examples to help you get the idea, are they being alarmists?

adults can and will continue to eat whatever they want. noone has the right to dictate what another person eats except parents with their young children. Making an informed decsion is all that should be asked of parent or teacher.

This is a health related fitness site, Passing on information regarding a certain food is not being an alarmist. If after reading the ingredients in cool whip you decide to continue eating it, good for you,

My point was to consider using real food and not processed food. If you find that alarming, deal with it.

Anyone who portrays normal substances as being harmful or only having one unusual use is alarmist. None of my professors take water out and say "BE CAREFUL THIS CAN BE ACIDIC!!!!!!!" even though water can act as an acid in a chemical reaction.
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

Anyone who portrays normal substances as being harmful or only having one unusual use is alarmist. None of my professors take water out and say "BE CAREFUL THIS CAN BE ACIDIC!!!!!!!" even though water can act as an acid in a chemical reaction.

I dont want a back and forth with you, but stick to the facts,. We are not talking about water.

And if you think HFCS is "natural" because it came from a natural source before "man" ran it through a factory and changed its chemical compostion, you are just arguing to argue. You are smarter than that.
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Wow Dave, way to start it up! :laugh:

Maybe I read it wrong but I think you and song actually are agreeing, she was responding to another post calling her an alarmist.

Anyway, it is a health website and everyone here is at a different stage whether new or an old pro at it passing along information on foods and how bad the stuff marketers claim to be a healthier choice is great. People need to realize that food companies are in the business of making money and they will use whatever tactic works! IT disgusts me everytime they show all that processed crap on the Biggest Loser because that is exactly the kind of crap we need to get away from.

I thought the reference to condom lube was funny, although the lube is probably healthier than the cool whip :laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Dave, a chemical reaction doesn't make something harmful.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Wow Dave, way to start it up! :laugh:

Maybe I read it wrong but I think you and song actually are agreeing, she was responding to another post calling her an alarmist.

Anyway, it is a health website and everyone here is at a different stage whether new or an old pro at it passing along information on foods and how bad the stuff marketers claim to be a healthier choice is great. People need to realize that food companies are in the business of making money and they will use whatever tactic works! IT disgusts me everytime they show all that processed crap on the Biggest Loser because that is exactly the kind of crap we need to get away from.

I thought the reference to condom lube was funny, although the lube is probably healthier than the cool whip :laugh:

No, I was being facetious and agreeing with the post about THIS being alarmist.

Dihydrogen monoxide is WATER. But see how you can make it look scary?
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Ok, thought I might have read it wrong but point taken everyone....

eat that crap if you want
    don't eat it if you don't
    educate yourself!

Good read about food...In defense of food by Michael Pollan.

:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,124 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on most of this.

You lost me with this part: (where did you get this SBS?)
    *in cult rituals,
    * by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted DHMO.org to vehemently deny such use),
    * by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
    * by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,
    * by the clientele at a number of bath houses in New York City and San Francisco,
    * historically, in Hitler's death camps in Nazi Germany, and in prisons in Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Libya, Iraq and Iran,
    * in World War II prison camps in Japan, and in prisons in China, for various forms of torture,
    * during many recent religious and ethnic wars in the Middle East,
    * by many terrorist organizations including al Quaeda,
    * in community swimming pools to maintain chemical balance,
    * in day care centers, purportedly for sanitary purposes,
    * by software engineers, including those producing DICOM programmer APIs and other DICOM software tools,
    * by popular computer science professors,
    * by the semi-divine King Bhumibol of Thailand and his many devoted young working girls in Bangkok,
    * in animal research laboratories

That is more than simple educational alarmist talk. That is purposely inflamatory towards many ethnicities and some professions. I'd be careful with that stuff.......(that verbage.......)
    What is the source??
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    Dave, a chemical reaction doesn't make something harmful.

hopefully this is the last word on staying with the facts-

I did not say a chemical reaction is harmful. I never even used that word.

If your thesis paper mistates and misquotes your sources, it wouldnt be a good thing,

There is no "winner" to this little debate.
    But don't misquote to make your point,
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I'm with you on most of this.

You lost me with this part: (where did you get this SBS?)
    *in cult rituals,
    * by the Church of Scientology on their members and their members' families (although surprisingly, many members recently have contacted DHMO.org to vehemently deny such use),
    * by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
    * by members of Congress who are under investigation for financial corruption and inappropriate IM behavior,
    * by the clientele at a number of bath houses in New York City and San Francisco,
    * historically, in Hitler's death camps in Nazi Germany, and in prisons in Turkey, Serbia, Croatia, Libya, Iraq and Iran,
    * in World War II prison camps in Japan, and in prisons in China, for various forms of torture,
    * during many recent religious and ethnic wars in the Middle East,
    * by many terrorist organizations including al Quaeda,
    * in community swimming pools to maintain chemical balance,
    * in day care centers, purportedly for sanitary purposes,
    * by software engineers, including those producing DICOM programmer APIs and other DICOM software tools,
    * by popular computer science professors,
    * by the semi-divine King Bhumibol of Thailand and his many devoted young working girls in Bangkok,
    * in animal research laboratories

That is more than simple educational alarmist talk. That is purposely inflamatory towards many ethnicities and some professions. I'd be careful with that stuff.......(that verbage.......)
    What is the source??

www.dhmo.org

(Dihydrogen monoxide is water....the whole thing is a joke.)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    oh......tee hee I knew that......:embarassed:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Hahah that's okay. :bigsmile:

Scared ya though, didn't I? :wink:
  • cmriverside
    Options

No, didn't scare me. The verbage use of KKK, Al Queda, Scientology, Hitlers death camps, child sex workers, animal research facilities, clientele at bath house in San Fransisco etc - THAT was over the top. That is dangerous to use. That is unnecessary.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

No, didn't scare me. The verbage use of KKK, Al Queda, Scientology, Hitlers death camps, child sex workers, animal research facilities, clientele at bath house in San Fransisco etc - THAT was over the top. That is dangerous to use. That is unnecessary.

Well I didn't write that, it's copied directly from the website. I certainly didn't mean to seriously upset anyone. The website specifically uses strong language to illustrate how easily you can make something harmless (water) into something threatening. It's supposed to be excessive. The whole website is filled with stuff on DHMO in dairy, in water, in research. Deadly if inhaled or ingested in excess, etc.
  • Nich0le
    Options
    Holy Moly......is it me or did this whole condoms and cool whip thing just go completely in a wrong direction? :noway:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Holy Moly......is it me or did this whole condoms and cool whip thing just go completely in a wrong direction? :noway:

It's the dihydrogen monoxide's fault....:frown:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

welcome to MFP:laugh: