Ugh! 2 weeks and gained..!!

Options
2»

Replies

• laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    The 1st thing is don't give up. This is not a diet...it's a lifestyle. It will eventually work in your favor.

One of the biggest mistakes I see people make is they under eat. They feel good going under their daily calorie goal.
    The second mistake is not eating your exercise calories. WHY? I'll explain

When you went thru the setup of your profile you selected an amount you want to lose per week. What did you choose? 1 lb, 1 1/2 lbs or 2 lbs. Each of those are at a calorie deficit. 1 lb is 500 caloires a day deficit, 1 1/2 lbs is 750 a day deficit and 2 lbs is a whopping 1000 calories a day deficit. So, we are already eating under on our calories and now you want to eat less then you are given? That just creates more of a deficit...or not eating your exercise calories will not only create an even bigger deficit but you won't have the proper fuel to workout to our potential and we lose benefit there.
    The other thing this does is sloooowwwss our metabolism. When we don't get enough calories our bodies are smart enough to recognize the defiency and it store food away for later. So you see...we are not doing ourselves any favors by eating to little.
  • Tangy1966
    Tangy1966 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, you're still doing something good for your body by tracking and
    being more mindful. Things will start to happen. I like LaddyBoys response and will
    remember that as I continure tracking. Undereating is not the answer. Good luck :)